Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

not getting paid after 6 weeks
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:09 pm »
hi guys i did a job on a restaurant which had greasey outdoor floor with outdoor seated area. 

i went to quote job 1st time,  i then went back second time to do job and they did not turn up at 6am when arranged so i wasted my trip, then i went back with mate to help me on the 3 occasion as it was awkward getting in with gear.  the stains did not come out and were really hard to shift.   i put invoice in and said i will have to still be paid but i did not hear from them after 30 days so sent another invoice reminder out with 14 days terms to pay it in.   still not heard nothing back after 16 days so phoned them up. a guy said we are dealing with your invoice and we are wondering how much to pay you as you did not get the stains out. 

i said i will need to be paid what was on my invoice im afraid. so he said someone will ring me back.

where do i stand on this one?  should i reduce the cost as it did not come out ?

drive surgeon

Re: not getting paid after 6 weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:47:40 pm »
sometimes i prefer doing domestic as you get money straight away.  sometimes i wonder if you are ever going to be paid from commercial?  who is to say your gonna be paid at all?  this 30 day lark or even 60 day lark is a joke.  if i buy a t shirt i dont tell the shop keeper i will pay him in 30 days do i?

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:59 pm »
You should always give limitations as to how good the end result will be. If the stains looked troublesome then it is always best to say that them may not have come out. Thats way you have a verbal contract.

stalwart

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:36:56 pm »
What was the method you use to clean it?
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

trees

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »
go back with 10 bags of horse manure and tip it all over the floor and walk away!!!

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:54:46 pm »
i used a heavy duty detergent and washed off then repeated process, still not paid yet.  :-X :'(

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »
have you asked why they are not paying you
mark

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:41 pm »
THEY SAID THEY WERE REVIEWING HOW MUCH TO PAY ME COS STAINS DID NOT CUM OUT.  :'(

sherco

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:41:03 pm »
Did you do a test area with your cleaning chemicals before estimating? When i go and look at a stone floor, marble, limestone etc i always do a test area in the worst areas to see if i can clean it and show the customer what it will look like when its clean, then there is no argument, and i always tell them its payment on completion.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 10:36:12 pm »
Go for a meal with "All" of your friends and family, get absolutely ming monged and tell 'em you'll pay them when you get paid, but, at a reduced cost as you're gonna puke their crap food up when you get home... See how they bloody like it!!!!!!

CATMAN

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:17:51 am »
They cannot do what they are attempting.

In the eyes of the law they must be deemed to have accepted the service. I have come across this many times.
Simply advice in writing they have 7 days for the invoive to be paid in full, or you will take legal action. (Via moneyclaim online).

They should have made you aware of the issue and informed you in writing, not wait until you start chasing.

If you can stand the lose though, I'd go with the horse crap. They weren't of the ethnic persuassion were they, its in their genes to haggle and as such I stopped doing work for them many years ago. No I'm not a racist its just I don't agree with the way they do business.

Regards

Graham

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 08:51:00 am »
I just got paid from a contract that was done over 120 days ago,... the worst part of it is,... it was a bank I cleaned!

jonnyald

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 08:55:24 am »
agree with above -  i too arent racist but theres summat in the genes from anybody  east   or deep south isnt there .  this haggling ethic   and trying to con u   with no  remorse   .maybe its getting one back over us  from the days of the slave trade ,i spose if tables were turned maybe i might too  ;D

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:27 pm »
I would go when the restaurant is busy, ask politely for your due money, if no go then I would talk very loudly    DO YOU MEAN TO SAY I SWEATED BUCKETS CLEANING YOUR DIRTY FILTHY GRUB INFESTED RESTAURANT AND YOU NOT GOING TO PAY ME   ;D ;D ;D

Fox

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 08:04:20 am »
They have no right to withhold monies, even if they complained within a reasonable period (which they have not) they have to pay the invoice and go through legal proceedings to claim money back or negotiate directly with the supplier, which if they were a fair customer usually works.

You have taken the first step by writting, call them every day don't worry about doing this it is your money, - I had one client who used to shout down the phone - you desperate or something! got paid a month before he went bust! - but be polite.  Get a second letter out saying that you are giving 7 days before court proceedings.  If this doesn't work actually fill in a court form and send them a copy saying if you recieve payment within 48 hours you will cancel the proceeding, this makes them think you have submitted and they usually pay, it is not misleading as you haven't actually said you have submitted just that you will cancel sending it through.  Last resort actually carry through county court, if you can prove you did the work to a satisfactory level you will win.  If you get to this stage I will give you some advice on what evidence you may need.

I am sure you have the right paperwork in place stating that some staining may be permenant etc and that if a complaint isn't made within 24hrs then the work is deemed satisfactory but maybe you need to review this to ensure it is clear.

Hope this helps
Fox

murky

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 06:39:02 pm »
Drive Surgeon,

As per my previous (some may say endless) posts on bad debt, use Thomas Higgins in Liverpool, they send a 'Letter Before Action' saying they are due in Court with 10 days or so re the debt. This scares the cr@p out of them and you generally get a cheque straight to you of all the Invoice.

Wether you charge the £2.60 for the letter is up to you.

But use Thomas Higgins they are brill.

Murky