Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ajs

i have found containers but......
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:42:55 pm »
yes i got some containers free of charge they have been used, the guy had a leak in his heating oil for his house so he used them til was sorted.they are clean but stink but i hoping good old fairy will change that....anyone got any ideas if fairy and the such dont work?
so the guy still 8 left

matt

Re: i have found containers but......
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:52:53 pm »
while it is really fine oil

its still oil, and that oil will be left in the containers

pop along to your local car wash, they will have them that used to have soap in, much better

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »
I would rather spend money than use anything that had oil in it.

TonyD

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:45 pm »
I'd stay well away from anything that's had oil in.
A local handwash or car valeter will have plenty of 25ltr containers going free that have either had Wash/wax, TFR, G101, wheel cleaner,.....all are just cleaners and even if you didn't rinse them the tiny residue would have no effect on your clean, unlike oil residue, which would be a nightmare. 

wezzy32

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 08:46:00 pm »
i had sum free all they had was some sort off cleaning solutions in. not cleaned them out yet .was just going to use some boiling water to wash them out.then going to fill with water then leave for a few hrs then test water see if ok.will put result 2morow
keep on smiling

WCE

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:08 pm »
 When I started I had some which had contained a hydraulic oil in them. All i did was wash em out and then filled them with pure a couple of times and everything was fine.  Try one first ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!