Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Procap
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:10:13 pm »
Tried procap for the first time this week, not very impressed at all , especially as it is not a particularly cheap product. I,m not saying the product doesnt work infact the results were as good as others I have used , how ever  what i did find was that the foaming capabilities were rubbish having to brush over the solution a number of times before I obtained an even lay of foam, defeating the object of time saving really .
I shall use up what I have left and go with another.
Any body else find this ?

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Re: Procap
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:36:38 pm »
Geoff

What were you using to work it in, you got a cimex or something haven't you?

kinder clean

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:03:57 pm »
Snap !

Geoff, I've got about 8 litres of the stuff and it doesn't crystalise well either, left some out on a dish overnight, it felt sticky the next morning !and I agree, very low foam.

Did you end up buying some of that cimex product that Joe recommended ? 

Paul

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:13:26 pm »
Yes Mike, I did use a cimex, never had any problems with foaming before and if ever their has been a slight foaming problem it has been down to hard water, a water softner tablet has always cured this, however this was not the case as i had used another product with the same water.

Interesting Paul that you tried the crystallisation test some thing I hadnt done.

I have always found prochem products good, on this occasion a definite NO!!!

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 06:40:51 pm »
I have used the Cimex Encap solution and also Chemspec Rotobrite 11 with good effect from both.

Not tried Procaps.

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 06:51:39 pm »
rotobrite 11,

never heard of that Joe.
i really must get out more ;) ;D

how much is it joe? and is it formulated especially for encapsulation ?

Geoff

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 07:37:39 pm »

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:44:09 pm »
What happened with the guy who was going to get the proper stuff from the states. (Can't remember what its called)

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 07:53:25 am »
Mike
I suppose you could say the "proper stuff" is the Cimex Encap - from the machine manufacturer.

You thinking of Paul from kinder Clean who made a big effort to get prices from the US of a product called Release It, the main supplier seems to be a Cimex guru called Rick Gelinas.  Costs of importing too high.

expro

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 08:07:53 pm »
  ??? Is procaps expensive because you have to use a lot to get foam?
Expro

carpetworx

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 02:29:12 am »
I use revive by cleantec. very good stuff.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 08:52:22 am »
I don't think that procap is supposed to foam as the instructions say to applywith a sprayer. going to try some this weekend on an office carpet that I cleaned 4 months ago
Premier Klean Limited

expro

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:24 am »
Well done Gerry you have got it right!! it is used in a very small amount per square metre. 40 to 66ml infact, so it will not foam and it is when it drys after about 20mins that the results start to show.
Expro

gwrightson

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 11:30:39 am »
and its still rubbish compared to others.

just my opinion ;)

Geoff

expro

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 12:32:58 pm »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Expro

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:53:18 pm »
Joe

Only just noticed your post. yes Rick 'The Encap Man'

From what I seen on the net Realse it is the King of encap so I wanted to judge the encap process with that rather than other products especially ProCaps which I tried cos it was available and found it only useful for 'problem' commercial carpet stains like watermarking.

Of course Mr Encap could just be another one of those Yanks who are very convincing and excel in marketing hype.