Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

uk banker becomes window cleaner
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
saw this on karls blog
http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/
now i bet he saw what we pull in, and knew it was a solid business, the crafty git, inside information goes a long way  ;D

johns window kleen

Re: uk banker becomes window cleaner
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:45:54 am »
Good luck to him.

Im not too fond of Bankers at the moment, and they've severley damaged nearly all aspects of our economy.

This guy clearly looks like he was a junior member of staff,at his "prestigious Canary Wharf" outfit or else I'm sure he wouldnt have struggled to get £15k toghether following redundancy,and wouldnt have needed a loan.

I admire people who get out and make money from their own endevours and efforts not people who "play investment markets" and award themselves huge bonuses for playing games with investors money.

They really shouldnt loose this game, and part of me thinks this "CREDIT CRUNCH" was intentionally manufactured, to give our too comfortable lives a good shake up, as new world wars are no longer palatable.

cozy

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:24:16 am »
Yeah, "Bucket and sponge" and "Start whistling". Rubbish, all you need is a zink bucket, flat cap and some old ripped up T shirts for wiping windows. Total startup price about 6 quid, oh and be a "Cheeky chappy" too. ::)

pingu

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 03:05:30 pm »
They really have made a meal out of this storey...but the thought of a banker becoming a window cleaner for most people does show that the mighty have fallen and have resorted to menial jobs..

Like someone said...just a junior position clerk type chap that got made redundant and changed jobs...

Not really a storey really...just a cleaver use of headlines.

Cheers
Dave.

R W C

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:23 pm »
So he decided to get a proper job  ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 03:31:57 pm »
Watch his business grow and grow he obviously learned how marketing works in his past job.

CCM

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:20:41 pm »
ahh well, in time he'll start making proper money...AND feel good about it when he goes home at night...an honest days work...he'll sleep at night too...

R W C

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »
I feel happy when I go home just after lunch not night......lol

weetot

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 07:20:59 pm »
Yeah, "Bucket and sponge" and "Start whistling". Rubbish, all you need is a zink bucket, flat cap and some old ripped up T shirts for wiping windows. Total startup price about 6 quid, oh and be a "Cheeky chappy" too. ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:53 pm »
Watch his business grow and grow he obviously learned how marketing works in his past job.

Pretty much what i thought. His grasp was very good, straight in with topflight, but affordable system, and a very achievable intial one man band target of 500 custies.

He's pretty much up to speed with someone like me, except it took me two years of forum ideas pinching and head scratching, and he seems to have the sort of start up that you would have if you could go back and do it again.

No doubt he wrote a business plan, and no doubt in his former job he saw plenty.These things do help.