Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WCE

Re: Advice please folks
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 09:30:33 pm »
WCE The muppets you mention are A, the custmomers
What do they know about the in's and out's of WFP? That just re-enforces my operator error arguement.
B,One of the biggest cleaning firms in Bristol who clean nationally.
The bigger they are the lower the standards. Splash and dash! I will say no more ;D
C a good friend of mine that has been a windy for over 10 years and a poler for 6 yrs now.
No offence but somethings wrong. Your in Bristol why dont you and your friend pop down to Tewkesbury and see us. The offer is there,  Although if your mate hasn't got the hang of it after 6 years there is probs no hope ;D ;D ;D
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

dai

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 09:54:06 pm »
I have decided to go WFP on awkward and dangerous windows on my round, have bought a trolley/backpack combo and have a RO arriving tomor. What i want to know is how do i go about getting rid of the fairy built up on the windows? Should i trad said same windows one more time using just pure water in preperaton for next months first WFP cleans or just hit them straight away with WFP?
Every first clean that was previously done trad I tackle the same as regular cleans.
A bit of an extra scrub of the frames and a really good rinse is all that's needed. I think that this residue thing is a myth, doesn't it ever get washed off with the rain?

NWH

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 10:00:24 pm »
I see what your saying Dai but if you use a mono brush when you go over the rubber surround on some windows you can actually see the soap bubbling out of them,once this is removed the window i find is cleaned thoroughly pure water thoroughly i mean.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 10:05:22 pm »
These wfp v traditional arguments are great aren't they  ???

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't go back to traditional even if I were paid more to do so. I'm forty now and with age comes wisdom. Where's the wisdom in coming off your ladder time after time and simply blaming yourself ???

"It wasn't the ladder, it was me" isn't much of a consolation to the wife and kids when they have to bury you is it :'(.

No, no, no. My mop and squeegy comes out every day, but just to clean inside pub, shop and nursing home windows. Aside from that I'm pretty much 100% wfp ............................ and done properly it's as good as traditional done properly ................................. in my opinion ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 10:20:44 pm »
I agree with WCE the larger the company the lower the standards as they just see customers as numbers.
I have worked for big companies in Leicester and they just splash and dash, they don't even go over the sils.
I don't blame the guys who work for them as they have a quota to complete each day and only get paid for X amount of hours.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »
You simply cannot compare the quality of work with a family run firm and someone like OCS,i have seen first hand the quality of work by these so called cleaning firms and the end result is nothing short of a joke how they get away with it is down to 1 thing and 1 thing only"money".

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 07:40:48 am »
WCE The muppets you mention are A, the custmomers B,One of the biggest cleaning firms in Bristol who clean nationally. C a good friend of mine that has been a windy for over 10 years and a poler for 6 yrs now. These are the muppets who tell me WFP is crap

Then don't watch the muppet show, trippy! ;)
It's a game of three halves!