Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mrs Nicholls

Thinking of re-opening business
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:42:57 pm »
Hi Everyone who remembers me!   ;D

I have been away for a while, trying to get my head around this pregnancy thing, and the financial crunches. I was forced to close business in January due to loss of customers and some good contracts.

Thing is i'm thinking of re-opening now. Since January we have received lots of calls, mainly for Office cleans but have had to turn them away as i ceased trading :-(.

I dont know how it would affect my maternity allowance if i was to re-open the business. I would have to re-open with a view to advertise, and get staff in straight away, so that i am not technically working. My other half can do the admin side with my guidance.

Has anyone noticed an upturn in business? as things were looking very dire 6 months ago.

Lisa

xxx

Re: Thinking of re-opening business
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:33:52 pm »
There is business out there both commercialy and residential.

Lots of it!

We have seen an upturn in the last 2 months. Not everyone is suffering!

Go for it.

Dave

newbroom

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:54:56 pm »
i'm the busiest i been in ten years .

shelton

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:57:52 am »
Enquiries are starting to come through now.

From September - March it was very, very quiet.  We didn't lose customers, which was good, and actually binned off an office who were seriously taking the p*ss, which was better.

I think they were a bit shocked we weren't really, really grateful for their business!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:00 pm »
do it theres plenty out there

Fox

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »
Hi Lisa

Have you got your driving licence yet?  If your going to do it again don't go into partnership  ;)

If I were you I would do a bit of investigation into the benefits side first, with a young family you don't want to find yourself in a difficult financial situation.

Otherwise go girl  ;D

Fox

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:31:58 pm »
Hi

thanks for your replies and positive encouragement :-)

fox - no ive not git my driving licence but my other half drives so thats half the battle there, and i'll deffo not be going into a partnership ever again lol.

I'll be looking into benefits aswell, i'm having the back to work itch as this baby isnt even here just yet lol, about a month to go, but i hate not working, maybe i'm nesting....

My cousin who lives in newcastle upon tyne is thinking of starting up, she does pub and club cleaning at the moment - something i know nothing about but i'm not sure of the competition up there, so i guess assisting her in the business side of things has made me think of getting stuck in again :-)

Thanks again

xxxx

wilclean

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:51:23 pm »
hi lisa1234

Which area are you from?

Paul

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:56 pm »
Hi