Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suffolkclean

Terms & Conditions - Regular Domestic
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:03 am »
I am taking on a few regular domestic cleans and want to give them a copy of our terms & cond. 48 hrs notice to be given if cleaner not to go or pay 50% etc.

Could anyone be kind enough to email me a copy of what you use, I have provided this service in this past and they got away with cancelling the night before etc so want to have some RULES before we do it again!

Thanks for your help - Barbara

Re: Terms & Conditions - Regular Domestic
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:47:14 am »
Barbara...sorry to divert a little.
My wife runs a very small domestic cleaning business and finds it hard to make it that...a business.She is constantly being asked to do extras and works that extra 10 mins for nothing.I tell her this is not what she should be doing but she becomes so friendly with the customers that she is treated like part of the family....do you have this problem?

Dan :)

suffolkclean

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:39 am »
Hi Dan
Yes is the answer. I think if the customers see your friendly & flexible they will take advantage of that. Although we NEVER worked longer than they were paying for. I want to start afresh with terms and conditions for the customers also give them a form to sign that they can't take our staff on directly to clean for them as this has happened to me too.

Regards to your wife, i've learned its good to be friendly but there has to be a cut off point as you are there to earn & make money and it can get difficult to say no to them if your too friendly.

vacman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:14 am »
Don't think you will ever be able to stop customers taking the cleaners on directly, because even if it's in writing, you have to be able to afford the time and money to enforce it. Its an age-old situation.

Your T&C's should say what you want, nothing more and nothing less. Then decide if it makes you look inflexible or not. As has been said, doing domestic work as a business is very difficult, and i know.

shelton

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:47 pm »
We considered the cancellation policy, but decided it made us too inflexible and was more likely to alienatate and lose us business than protect us from any potential small loss of earnings.

No easy answer, I'm afraid.

suffolkclean

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 06:13:01 pm »
If you offer regular cleaning - do you provide transport or do you have a 'team leader' who drives and supervises & pay them extra? ???

dianegreenwood

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 10:06:38 am »
Hi Barbara

If you send me an email via my website I'll forward our domestic terms & conditions

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

nat1

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:50:20 pm »
Hi freshlymaid, good website, just had a nosey, I asked on a previous post whether companies send out cleaners on their own or in pairs and i noticed under your "terms and conditions" page that you send cleaners out on their own or in pairs, which do you prefer?

Thanks Nat1

dianegreenwood

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:53:00 am »
Hi Nat

Glad you like my site :)

My experience is that my staff work better in pairs and they prefer it too.  One does the kitchen & hoovering, one does bathrooms & dusting & polishing and they swap at each house.  I rarely send them out in 3s because it seems like they just get in each others way!

I have one lady who works alone because of her start & finish times and I know she gets very lonely, although she does a great job.  I try and work with her myself occasionally or if someone else is working alone that day I have them meet up at a client to work together.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk