Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave.e

Bentley Jetted Brush
« on: May 10, 2009, 08:31:40 pm »
dose anybody use them and what are thay like and how long do thay last was thinking off replacing my vikan brush .

ftp

Re: Bentley Jetted Brush
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »
Used to use them, not as good as a vikan but very cheap and very light. Be lucky if it lasts six months.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:42:48 pm »
They are light and easy to use but as has been said, will not last as long as more expensive options.

dave.e

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:57:02 pm »
thanks guys i am getting fed up with the vikan brushs would like to try somthing lighter because my xtel 18ft is bending far to much and i have allready staped one in half so will have to shop about i think .

ftp

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »
Try one, then imagine what it would be like to have a Vikan at that weight. Then phone up Gardiners and buy a Superlight brush.

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 09:12:11 pm »
Try one, then imagine what it would be like to have a Vikan at that weight. Then phone up Gardiners and buy a Superlight brush.

do you not find that with the vikan there are more bristles than the  Superlight brush making it faster for cleaning or is it just me.

gary999

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »
yep superlight great for lightness,but prefer my vikan brushes
for cleaning power

ftp

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »
Yes, the Superlights look rather sparse - but they work. Hunt round your house for a Bentley then stick it on your fully extended pole and feel the difference. That's what they feel like. You will never go back to a Vikan again honest.

dave.e

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 09:24:46 pm »
Yes, the Superlights look rather sparse - but they work. Hunt round your house for a Bentley then stick it on your fully extended pole and feel the difference. That's what they feel like. You will never go back to a Vikan again honest.

thanks mate mite just do that. wife has just bought a new broom with a Bentley on the end so you wait to see what happens next time she go's to use it ha ha ha

steve a

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 09:37:54 pm »
I use a bentley for doing shop fronts (tiles etc) as they are great for scrubbing and dirt cheap to replace when knackered.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 05:11:50 pm »
Yes. For most work you really don't need to scrub, so a Bentley does the job just fine.

They are dirt cheap and dead easy to just rip a few bristle bunches out of and drill a couple of holes to take the jets. When it's worn out, just get another.

There's also an Addis that's very similar (but with monofilament bristles) and with a similar thread, so it fits the same as the Bentley and Vikan.

dave.e

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »
thanks alot guys for all your help just looking for one now because wife found out i was messing about with her bromm because thats got a bentley on it and she went mad. :o :o