Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aquakadabra

gardiners pole with gooseneck
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:48:05 am »
hi everyone bought a gardiners pole a couple of months ago have to say they are by far the best poles on the market.just one little complaint though when i bought a gooseneck for it i found it quite difficult to work with due to the weight of the gooseneck being heavier than the pole itself or so it seems. Is there any other gooseneck out there which is as light as the pole sections.

Alex Gardiner

Re: gardiners pole with gooseneck
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:21:57 am »
hi everyone bought a gardiners pole a couple of months ago have to say they are by far the best poles on the market.just one little complaint though when i bought a gooseneck for it i found it quite difficult to work with due to the weight of the gooseneck being heavier than the pole itself or so it seems. Is there any other gooseneck out there which is as light as the pole sections.

The apparent weight increase is due to the increase in leverage that the gooseneck gives to the brush head. Putting the brush further away from the pole end effectively increases the brush weight.

The gooseneck at between 93g -119g is actually the lightest gooseneck available. I used to have 17" G-Fit gooseneck on my everyday pole due to the extra reach it gave me. Recently I have realised that a 12" G-Fit gives me enough reach for most of my work and I have changed. Instantly the end of the pole feels lighter as there is less leverage. I have actually only reduced the weight though by 26g, it just feels more.

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:30:05 am »
alex see my thread and tell me which one i need.

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:54:28 am »
I think what Alex is saying is true -

I was using the 14" Gooseneck, with a plastic residential gooseneck attached also.

I've never really like the plastic gooseneck , so I have recently taken it off - Just with that small amount of length reduced, made the pole feel lighter, and more responsive.

THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:03:21 am »

I was using the 14" Gooseneck, with a plastic residential gooseneck attached also.

I've never really like the plastic gooseneck , so I have recently taken it off - Just with that small amount of length reduced, made the pole feel lighter, and more responsive.

Yes absolutely I have cut down my unger elbows by 1 1/2" gives you  more control, but if you want to make your own,  B&Q have a new 35 degree tv aerial called an Slx and you can have a  3-4ft elbow   for £9 The brush is a simple adjustable angle, which you will need to match the extended angle of the pole to the glass.

ladders no more

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:48:06 pm »

Yes absolutely I have cut down my unger elbows by 1 1/2" gives you  more control, but if you want to make your own,  B&Q have a new 35 degree tv aerial called an Slx and you can have a  3-4ft elbow   for £9 The brush is a simple adjustable angle, which you will need to match the extended angle of the pole to the glass.

Hi Jeff if do you take the trampoline around with you great idea if you dont want to buy a longer pole  ;D ;D ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:08 pm »

Hi Jeff if do you take the trampoline around with you great idea if you dont want to buy a longer pole  ;D ;D ;D
Priceless  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 06:10:01 pm »
now if a supplier was to make a gooseneck that had the same idea as the plasitic one so adjustable this would be a very good tool to own
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »
I did mention that to Alex - as I don't like the plastic ones at all.

I think there would be some considerable cost in getting them made.

But I agree an adjustable alloy gooseneck would be great
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:26:21 pm »
Brodex use to sell alloy adjustable goosenecks. They don't advertise them in their catalogues or on their website anymore so I assume they don't sell them now as they were overpriced for the demand required of them.

aquakadabra

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »
an adjustable gooseneck sounds good to me, come on alex there has to be a market for one these, this could make you even richer than you already are.

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
Brodex use to sell alloy adjustable goosenecks. They don't advertise them in their catalogues or on their website anymore so I assume they don't sell them now as they were overpriced for the demand required of them.
they should be as standard IMO as fixed are near on useless on some jobs
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »
Yep adjustables rule- except if you need a long reach over deep cills, the solid angle gives the joint the strength it needs to re-a-c-h...... further.

For over rails I have an adjustable with a 3ft reach made of fishing pole carbon fibre that fits on the c/f modular but..... hardly use it but for you townies with those mad balconies the architects like, might come in handy to reach the bottom of the glass with the adjustable at 320 degrees.