Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Ninja with auto-fill adapter anyone?
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:29 am »
Wonder if any of you out there have a Ninja with the auto-fill float and adapter as I want to put it onto mine but don't intend on paying Ashbys the £100 plus and the cost of getting it there that they would want to do it.

Have the 400 psi model and I know I could reduce the pressure and use less water but I am very pleased with how it performs on full pressure for both cleaning and drying times but on bigger jobs which there seems to be alot of just recently (not complaining) I'm forever filling up, even dragging my son along on some of them to do just that job.

Looking at the possibility of one of the CFR recycling machines as a second machine but don't know how well they perform or if the water recycling works that great, maybe some owners out there could fill me in.

But the cheaper and short term answer is the auto-fill option and wondered if someone might have a guide how to fit or could take some pics of their set up and forward to me.

Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

clinton

Re: Ninja with auto-fill adapter anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:11 am »
Hi paul

Thats the higher psi thing as your going to use a lot more water as opposed to a t mount opperation.

maybe a idea is to van mount it with a water tank and then just dump the water by hand if you didnt want to have a waste tank also ???

Ken wainright has this set up.

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:07:12 pm »
There was a guy on here Cleaning Co ( Paul ) who set up an auto feed for his ninja which I believe worked well, but if you have auto fill you will also need auto dump unless of course you go down the CFR route................I got fantastic results from my CFR and wish I still had one.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 12:22:35 pm »
Thats what I'm looking for Clinton, had it on my old lower pressure ninja, only the float wasn't working too well so didn't shut off when full like it should have so you had keep an eye on it and manually turn off. Hose onto tap running to machine that had a screw on tap adapter connected to the float inside. Remember it roughly just can't remember how it all set up.

Got a smaller van so haven't really got the room for a water tank.

Can cope with the emptying Rob, got 2 large (plasterers style) buckets I use. Just the filling, most houses around here seem to have low water pressure as well which means filling each bucket can be minutes.

clinton

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 03:17:47 pm »
Some houses do take a while with the water pressure ::)

Pity your van wasnt a bit bigger then for  water tank...

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 03:34:26 pm »
Pauls set up used a pump and 20 ltr containers

CATMAN

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:49:46 pm »
The way to have a simple auto-fill is a float switch in the frashwater tank connected to a hose connector on the outside, it's just a case of then connecting upto to a hose and mains, with the mains turned down low. I did it myself with a ballcock and work well.

For auto/dump its a pump with a float switch, connected to the mains connector for the pump.  The pump sits at the top of the waste tank with a pipe connected and drilled through the waster housing, all sealed. Problem is it makes you ninja very heavy.

Hope this helps

Graham

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 03:58:56 pm »
I have a ball cock system on my water tank saves me washing the van out every night.

Shaun

Paul Simpson

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 04:05:01 pm »
That sounds like it Graham, exactly what I'm after.

What kinda float switch did you use/where did you get?
Don't suppose you got any pics or could do some?

Cheers
Paul

clinton

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 05:44:15 pm »
Maybe try pressure washewr shop as they have them for there tanks ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 06:19:17 pm »
mines the same that's on a toilet.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 07:15:56 pm »
The setup I'm referring to was installed in a little Diahatsu a Ninja and another similar spec machine. They had water pumped from 20 ltr containers using a typical w/cleaners pump and the machines could be linked .

The set up seemed to serve Paul very well although it was ridiculed on here !!!!!

Anyone who uses their initiative to get better power and better cleaning should IMO be applauded rather than criticised, but Paul quit this forum following a spate of insults and he was intending moving to Spain.

The same people who said the little Diahatsu couldn't cope were wrong. I've used one and currently use a Suzuki which is only marginally bigger and have done so for three years.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 07:33:53 pm »
Doblo Cargo Clinton.  :-\

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:58 am »
Shaun is that because your van is like a poop house. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D xxxx TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 11:43:42 am »
Not a bad size van paul then but you might be stuck for room.

Am sure you could adapt some system for your set up.