Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: First day with SLX today...
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 10:53:05 pm »
ptfe spray, i didn't realise i needed it otherwise i would have ordered some with the pole i wasn't advised that i needed it.?????????

You don't need it.  Keeping your pole clean is the best preventative medicine.  You can use something like a dry PTFE film after cleaning the pole as it will help prevent wear further but it is not necessary.  I personally have never used it and one of my SL-X poles is two years old now. 

I've had no probs but then after two weeks I don't expect to.

Free service? Why haven't I heard of this and what is it?

I do think that for the best part of £500 then it would be good to get more than a small sheet of paper for instructions/maintenance ...

The free service is not for the pole you have just bought, it is for the previous year old model.  I think you'll find that the SL-X/Super-Lites are the only poles on the market that come with ANY instructions.  When I get the time I might do an illustrated DVD guide to using, maintaining and living with an SL-X...........

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46:25 pm »
Yea it's for the first generation SL-X, the clamp keyhole had to be slightly enlarged on some poles, factory fault I believe, or something along those lines. As was the case with mine. I should get it back soon.

The new ones shouldn't have any problems.

Hope Alex doesn't mind me mentioning that.

davids3511

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »
The standard base cap fits the second largest section as well as the base section. If you want a cap for the next section smaller (section 3 on original SL-X and section 4 on the current one) then a base cap for an X-Tel section No.3 fits well if it is heated slightly before the first fitting.

Alex, do you mean the base cap on my 30' will fit the last but one section too. I tried today, removed the last section and tried to put the base cap on the second last section and it was too big.

davids3511

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 01:56:00 pm »
By the way, I beat my best ever day (wednesday) again yesterday, only by £7.00 this time though. It's a combination of the flocked brush, which I trust more to cover the glass so do less strokes, and the lighter pole.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 02:16:16 pm »
The standard base cap fits the second largest section as well as the base section. If you want a cap for the next section smaller (section 3 on original SL-X and section 4 on the current one) then a base cap for an X-Tel section No.3 fits well if it is heated slightly before the first fitting.

Alex, do you mean the base cap on my 30' will fit the last but one section too. I tried today, removed the last section and tried to put the base cap on the second last section and it was too big.

The cap gets heated and stretched slightly to fit the base section, once it has been stretched it will be slightly too big for the next section down. However a new same size cap will fit fine as it has not been stretched.

Yea it's for the first generation SL-X, the clamp keyhole had to be slightly enlarged on some poles, factory fault I believe, or something along those lines. As was the case with mine. I should get it back soon.

The new ones shouldn't have any problems.

Hope Alex doesn't mind me mentioning that.

Not at all. I have to say Tim that your 'returned for servicing SL-X' is the best kept example of a pole I have seen. Do you actually use it?  :)

davids3511

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »
Ok, cheers Alex. Great product by the way.

dd

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »
Is there any particular polish you can reccomend for poles. Most are wax based so unsuitable. Could it be worth your while stocking a polish designed to reduce the friction wear on the pole.

I use a polish designed for fibre glass cars (can be used on all types though), it is not cheap. In thoery it should prolong pole life.

With a carbon pole I would think as well as regular cleaning of hose and pole it would be well worth applying a coat of protective polish regularly too.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 05:47:35 pm »
I would recommend Dry Film PTFE Spray. We do stock 400ml spray cans.