Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

fire firefighter
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:43:58 pm »
been retained for twenty years since ive been on wfd its a night mare say you have got loads of hose out and you get a shout makeing up all your gear to get to station to find both pumps have gone  na you must be mad to join
shiney one

pjulk

Re: fire firefighter
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:08:07 pm »
A freind of mine is a retained firefighter also and he went WFP and changed back to ladders after about a month and just said that WFP didn't suit him.

JS_Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »
I also had this problem, been retained 2years now, ill admit i didnt no what i was getting myself into when i went wfp, but quickly realised having 100ft of hose out wasnt quick to put away.

I invested in a wcw backpack recentally, bought a cheap fold away trolly from tesco (15pound) and strapped the backpack to the trolly, now when the alerter goes its just a matter of throwing the trolly into the van and off ye go.

if i was to do it again i would never have bought the van mount

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »
I also had this problem, been retained 2years now, ill admit i didnt no what i was getting myself into when i went wfp, but quickly realised having 100ft of hose out wasnt quick to put away.

I invested in a wcw backpack recentally, bought a cheap fold away trolly from tesco (15pound) and strapped the backpack to the trolly, now when the alerter goes its just a matter of throwing the trolly into the van and off ye go.

it must be easier to wheel a trolley and sling it in the van / car than having a hose to rewind

LWC

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 05:24:28 pm »

Hey JS cleaning, there was an origainl post about this from me letting you know my friend has just made a forum for retained firefighters

www.retainedfirefighter.com