Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin sparrow

seagrass
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »
Can anyone give me their thoughts on cleaning Seagrass and Sisal.

I dont get many enquiries for this type of flooring but it would be nice to know.

Thanks

kevin

murky

Re: seagrass
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:06:19 pm »
Me too.

I have a nice house I work in and they have had some rugs made of sisal made up, with a hessian secondary backing.

Dogs have wee'd on them in a few places and left stains on them.

I am aware that water can damage them, advised custy that. The Interior Designer came round (dont we all have one!) one day while I was there doing hard floors and said Safeclean can do it.

I have been back since and well no they cant, so any ideas anyone, please.

Murky

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 02:57:43 pm »
search this site for seagrass and sisal, there has been numorous threads with oodles of info.
derek

C A Payne

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:23:38 pm »
lads, craftex do a product called ecotex, it is suitable for sisal, seagrass, silk & coir etc.. 59- quid for 5ltrs though... charlie ;D

Gerry Styles

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:40:20 pm »
lads, craftex do a product called ecotex, it is suitable for sisal, seagrass, silk & coir etc.. 59- quid for 5ltrs though... charlie ;D
ecotex is a product which is made up of natural fibres such as sisal and seagrass.  Sisal and Seagrass carpet should never be wet cleaned. It is possible to use dry compound such as "host" but you must advise the customer that there may be a lightening of colour.

Premier Klean Limited

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:00 pm »
You can dry clean these natural fibre carpets with dry compound powder and the sebo duo etc.You cant remove water based stains and the results will not always be that good.Mark

kinder clean

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:09:57 pm »
Went to an event on Monday  ::) and a guy called John Bryden cleans this stuff very succesfully and gets £12.50 per sq/mtr for it, he has agreed to show how at next years event.

Paul Kinder Clean 

murky

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:00 pm »
Well I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I spose its as I thought, you just cant put water ( or dogs pee) near it.

Murky