Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Feen

Ladder wheels?
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »
Can you get wheels to attach to a ladder to make it easier to extend by running up a wall? I know you can get wheeled stand offs, but that's not what I'm after. And if you're going to start ranting about wfp, please don't. Waste of your time and everyone else's :)
Feen

windywashers

Re: Ladder wheels?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:39:15 pm »
wfp ;D ladders :(

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:13:37 pm »
i dont know if you can buy to fix yourself but i have seen ladders with them on tend to be builders and roofers with them

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:09 pm »
Wheels as ladder mitts means minus two contact points, your down to two. And if the bottom two slip, your down on the ground very fast indeed if you know what I mean. Zero friction at the top. I've had one or two scares, but the thing that held the ladder up long enough were two grippy ladder mitts.

Not a good idea in more then one aspect.

tacky

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:30:05 pm »
i found wheels on heavy duty ladders going up 3 storeys helpfull .but for ur average house with light 3.4 ladders i see no point ,only to slip down the wall faster

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:14 am »
Yes I have a ladder device that attaches to the top of the ladder.

The wheels have a square insert inside the rubber wheels, so when you go up the ladder, the wheels squash down so you have a flat rubber surface against the wall.

Worked pretty well, and stopped side to side movement at top of ladder.

That sounds pretty good. But again, domestic ladder use it's a bit useless, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Health and Safety say you can't use ladders over a certain amount of foot?