Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stay white n bright window cleaning service

Am i Doing Anything Wrong
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:59:21 pm »
Started cleaning windows a couple of months ago now,built up around 20 customers in that time.
My leaflets state  my first +surname and email address+ phone number  and offer cleans FROM £5 using trad methods sills and frames included,my prices range from £7 up to £12 and wouldnt  do a house less than £7.All my cleans have been first cleans ,customers never had  w/c exept for two .
One  the w/c had left bird poo on the window he charged £7 ,i quoted £8 got the job for £7:50 his mistake.The second my next door neigbour she cancel her w/c and asked my if i could do it ,i charge the same as her last w/c so im not under cutting .my neigbour told me her last w/c wants a word with me as he gets work he dont want and will pass it on ,as i pulled up at home to day he was across the road ,didnt want to offer me work but was f***ed off that i had posted leaflets on streets he cleans
i know one house he cleans but didnt post here ,all he kepy saying that my neigbour had told me what the charges and i was out to take his work.This is not the case if i post a street i post the whole street,if i post a village i do the whole village
Am i doing anything wrong ,as i see it a w/c dont clean every house on every street

bonsey

Re: Am i Doing Anything Wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »
dont worry about it keep posting your leaflets he doesnt own the area or street

ccmids

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:10:06 pm »
plenty of work out there for everyone if they want it .
you keep going mate good luck to you aswell

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:13:57 pm »
Well said he doesn't own the street.
When I was first setting up I canvassed a road, and I said 'Hello I'm a window cleaner' and the householder said, in a threatening growl 'So am I',
'Congratulations!' I said and carried on.
If he is doing a good job, and you charge a fair price you won't nick his work

people should do the maths, thousands of houses in a town, more than enough for everyone

ccmids

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »
put you home address on flyers and home phone number they like to know whos cleaning there windows , shows your not hideing anything and when you see the other window cleaner dont be nasty to him stick your thumb up to him ,say hello , if he does a good job theres nothing to wory about .

johnny_h

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:34:39 pm »
a couple of years back i leafletted a street and as i came out there were 2 window cleaners working away so i walked upto them and said " hi guys if any of your customers show you a yellow leaflet its mine im not trying to poach or undercut you" both were ok about it one told me that if i pick any up on the street then they arent doing a good enough job i never heard from anyone on that street
AUDI VIDE TACE

R W C

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:48 pm »
When ever i leaflet if i see a wc in the street i stop and chat, ask them which propertys they do and ill avoid them, once had a call telling me to get off there patch, told them id like to meet them on there patch, heard nothing since, still leaflet the same areas now.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:07:06 am »
Had a couple w/c call me when I first started with the 'my patch' thing...just carry on as you are...

Cheers
Dave.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:19:01 am »
Practically every street I work in I know of other WCs who are cleaning other houses. Never had a problem for years but used to get threatened a lot when we were 18 and doing it part time.

The world is full of windows, nobody is going do them all.

supernova77

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:41:22 am »
I have a couple of days work in the village that I live in. Over the last couple of years I have seen 4 other window cleaners doing other houses in the village, and there are another 2 window cleaners who live in the village but don't have any actual work in the village.

As has been said before - There is enough work for everyone!

Andy

kenaltobelli

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 04:26:13 pm »
i dont leaflet cos when i first started got a load of calls from idiots early mornings
im talking 2 o clock 6 o clock only time i give a leaflet out is a new estate or some one asks

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:37:41 pm »
Spoke to a wc today who's a neighbour of a customer, he told me the street had been canvassed recently. I knew already as I'd been told , haven't lost any work to him, but guy I was talking to says he canvassed one of his commercial jobs  and tried to undercut to STEAL the work from him, price he quoted was 1/4 of what he is getting now.
  He rang new boy and told him there is plenty of work to be had, just go and find it ,don't try pinching other people's or you may find yourself in trouble with all the local cleaners. I agree with him, there is plenty for everyone, different if householder not happy with current cleaner .
Cheers Rich