Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Extras
« on: April 05, 2005, 10:55:54 pm »
I got asked by one of my shop customers today if id be prepared to use their buffing machine to clean the floor every week after ive finished the windows.Ive never used a buffer before, so havnt got a clue about....
    how to use it
    how long it takes'
    what to charge,
    whether my window cleaning PLI will cover this type of work
    etc,etc,etc

Has anyone tried it and is it worth a go? The "being inside" bits quite appealing but dont want to let myself in for something im gonna regret.Grateful for any advice.
                                  Cheers Nick

Ian Rochester

Re: Extras
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 04:46:52 pm »
Simple decision, charge them £30/hour and if you get it fine, if not carry on cleaning the windows on your next house.

marc al

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 05:21:43 pm »
 Hi Nick

Not used one myself but, remember seeing them on the Generation Game and I think there is a bit of a knack to them. If you decide to do it let me know when so I can come and watch the first attempt!!

Haven't seen you about yet to come and chat but am in Pinchbeck tommorow so may see you, do you do that big old house next to the church, i think it was your car i saw there last week.

Marc

Neil

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 06:59:31 pm »
Hey Nick I will be there to watch as well,
Marc you bring the bevvies Ill bring the cakes.
I have used one of those rotary buffers, they are a doddle mate, They do all the work you just follow it around.  ;)

Neil

PS on second thoughts Marc I will bring you a slimming biscuit  ;D

gaza

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 08:01:17 pm »
hi Nick was that Pinchbeck in Bostonshire ?If so who cleans the third house in Pinchbeck? if you know the other one cleans the one near the church

a proper Yellow belly are you? do you  go see  Boston United. me a yellowbelly living in Nottm now
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 08:59:23 pm »
Hello lads, thanks for that. If its been featured on the Generation game, think i'll drink the bevvies myself, it might help,(could be a very shortlived floor polishing career). I DO like the sound of £30 per hour though,worth a try.
                Yes Mark, it was me you saw at the large house near the church. Theres another property at the rear in the grounds as well, takes me 4 1/2 hrs in all. Lovely people too, make you feel like a guest rather than a workman. Unfortunately im not gonna be near Pinchbeck tomorrow but im sure our paths will cross soon, Spaldings thankfully not that big.
                  Hello Gaza, yes im a born and bred yellowbelly, and do have the pleasure of seeing Boston United play twice a season....... when they get totally put in there place by the mighty Imps, Lincolnshires finest. Do you originate from Boston itself or anywhere near Spalding perhaps?

gaza

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 09:21:46 pm »
HI B/BILL what does the record say 1st match played in the league between the two.it shows BOSTON United did the IMPS history shows who was right and who was wrong.
m from Wyberton nr Boston picked daffs in Pinchbeck Mind you who hasnt in BOSTONSHIRE ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 09:54:30 pm »
Elton Johns song writer was a native of Wyberton. The song "saturdays nights alright for fighting" was based on Boston.
Have you been back lately? Jesus its rough. Theres terrible racial tension brewing up with the mass influx of Eastern European land workers. The locals really resent their presence, it already boiled over once after one of the England games with a mini riot that made national news. All a bit silly really.
              Anyway, nice to make the acquaintance of a exiled YB.  (Boston United 0 Lincoln City 2) oh sorry ,how did that get there.     Cheers Nick