Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

marielynn

EOT & One Off Cleans
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:27:02 am »
Hi,

I am looking to start my own Business doing end of tenancy cleans and one off cleans.

Would anyone be able to help me with pricing?

Would it be a good idea to have set prices depending on size of property and sort of clean required or give an hourly rate?

I am in the Suffolk area.

Paul Simpson

Re: EOT & One Off Cleans
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:59 pm »
Hi Marie, we do EOT cleans as an add on service and we have no "set prices" as you will find that no 2 cleans are normally alike.
We have done a 4 bedroom house clean in a day and another very similar design and size has taken us nearly 2.5 days.
We try to survey every job before giving a price but if not possible then you can provide an hourly rate but ensure you aren't held to an exact timescale, what they might think will take 4 hours to clean may actually be double.

Paul

suffolkclean

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:19:04 am »
Where abouts in Suffolk are you?

marielynn

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 09:31:23 am »
I am Bury St Edmunds.

suffolkclean

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:16:58 am »
You may want to start off charging an hourly rate to gain the experience of how long everything takes, I'm finding at the moment people prefere an hourly rate but they do want their moneys worth!!

marielynn

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 01:42:41 pm »
What areas in Suffolk do you cover?

marielynn

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:44:14 pm »
Forgot to ask,what hourly rate should I charge?

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 07:28:22 pm »
Hi

sorry I have to disagree.

I have never given an hourly rate for EOT's and it's my main business, i guess some LA's may want that but it is very difficult to run a business at £13.50 p/h for EOT's. You should be looking for £25-30 p/h min.

As a guide on UF properties;

bedrooms 1/2 an hour
hall/stairs 1/2 an hour
bathroom 1-2 hours
Kitchen 2-4 hours
Lounge 1/2-1 hour
Landing 20 mins

Carpets extra. charge per m2

Obviously those times can change if larger or minging.

I have a 2 bed flat coming up, they want all walls sugar soaping, plus bathroom/kitchen cleaned with oven, microwave, rubbish bagging, carpets. Time should be around 10 man hours, my price £400.

Once materials and other costs are taken out it should be min £30, if I do it fast but professionally then I earn more.

Regards

Martin 8)

suffolkclean

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 07:45:36 pm »
I totally agree Martin but maybe its they way LA's work round here, we're now being asked how much do you charge per hour? They then manage to get as much work out of you as possible for that hourly rate. One of my LA's is now shopping around for the best price (hourly rate)!, which I'm not prepared to go down to the silly price they've been quoted. Some people will pay the rates your charging but I'm finding more recently value is also important.

marielynn

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 10:15:38 am »
So with regards to hourly rate,what should I be aiming for?

suffolkclean

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 06:43:59 pm »
Up to £25 per hour

marielynn

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »
So when a LA calls me for a price what do I give,an hourly rate and then do they tell me how many hours they want me to do and what they want done?

Sorry for all questions,but new to all this.

mk1

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:28 pm »
So when a LA calls me for a price what do I give,an hourly rate and then do they tell me how many hours they want me to do and what they want done?

Sorry for all questions,but new to all this.

what we do is go get the keys for the property go and have a good look round (some times the agent will give you a list of what needs to be done) more often than not it will be a full clean of  the property some times the outside windows as well. then we give the agent a ring with a price normaly our agents say get on with it or we will put it to the out going tennant or land lord.

its all about experience its very difficult when you start out and you can quiet easily cut your own throat if your not very careful. we aim for a minimum of £12.50 an hour and the best we can manage in our area is about £20.00 after that they just will not entertain you because theres always some one to do it cheaper.

the thing is you need to build along term relationship with the agents so they trust you and the standards of your work.

then you just build on things like carpet cleaning ,painting ,rubbish removal etc bit like tesco,s every little helps  ;D ;D

also be wary of agents who may want 10% of your invoice for giving you the work. not good and a proffesional agent will not do this as its against arla regulations.

Gerard Grindley

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 12:58:37 pm »
Pardon my ignorance but does LAs stand for local authoritys or local agents

Art

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 01:50:01 pm »
Pardon my ignorance but does LAs stand for local authoritys or local agents

Letting agents  ;)