Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pricing insides
« on: January 10, 2006, 02:21:26 pm »
I need some advise on pricing insides on a 4 storey office block.
There are 162 3ft by 3ft plain glass windows, no pointer needed to reach the tops. A few tables etc to move, but generally clear access all round.
My price was going to be £1.00 per window, add on 25% just for peace of mind and then add 25% for slower working rate ie moving tables, preventing water damage on office furniture etc.
Total price £253.12.
How do other window cleaners work out prices for insides?

Many Thanks

Simon.

marc al

Re: pricing insides
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:45:29 pm »
  I don't think you'll get the job at that price, I would go 175 quid tops, atl east its inside!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:56:38 pm »
i work on £30.00 per hour.
work out how long you think it might take and then add on an extra hour for your own piece of mind. works for me :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 04:30:54 pm »
OK - do you do the outsides of this block already? If so waddya charge? Then we can start fiddling around with that figure. If not see above comments.

Also what state are the windows in? Minging or relatively clean? Do they expect you to do glass in internal doors, partitions etc too?
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 04:57:18 pm »
Hi Malc,
Im currently quoting for outside, 4 storey building which is 45ft high which im wfp. Charging £375.00.
Windows are all clean as they were done in October by another company, reason for changing is bad attitude of window cleaning staff.
On the inside there are no extras.

Is there a fixed rule to use on internal cleaning i.e 25% increase due to having to work slower to prevent water damage to office furniture etc, moving of desks etc.

I generally price all outside work up as if i was using a ladder then put 25% ontop of price.
Ive priced the inside as i would price any ground floor windows plus my 25%, then putting another 25% on top to cover reasons for slower working rate.
So im increasing the price by 50%.

Price for inside has been amended from earlier posting to £235.00.

Regards

Simon.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 05:01:05 pm »
As it looks like you were going to charge less than you were charging for the outside why not charge the same, at least? (If you think you're gonna get the outside that is.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 05:32:51 pm »
Malc,

Pricing the inside the same as the outside doesnt make any sense, the inside is all done from the ground no ladders or pointers. Allowing for angle of pole im going to need a 60footer, its going to take longer to clean outside than in.

This is all based on my opinion, i need good, sound, solid advise from fellow window cleaners who can advise me on a pricing system that they currently use.

Please advise guys!!!

Regards

Simon.

sair

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 06:23:05 pm »
sounds like youve been given it . outside 375 inside min 375 i have in the last 20 years allways put same for out as for in if its quartly i may charge 475, if its yearly then allways double ,thats commercial domestic dont rightly know any more. i hope thats sound enough
Essentially Pure Ltd

jon adams

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 07:16:39 pm »
Be cautious on reason  why other window cleaner left could be genuine but always have 1 eye open or is it 2?

twt

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »
cleaning inside will always always take longer than outside! you have to move stuff go from room to room mop up water you should never charge less for the insides charge the same or more otherwise you will shoot yourself in the foot.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 06:13:08 am »
Mmm,
On an office yo uare going to needa 60ft pole on I can understand the charge for the outside being a little higher.
the inside windows are also easy, single pane windows, that means they are an absolute doddle to clean.
It also sounds like most of the windows are going to be straight forward to get at.

The insides should stay pretty clean, offices are almost always smoke free, so you should not need a squeegee dripping with water, mopping up should be minimal.

At a £1.00 per window you are on easy street, that is a £1.00 per pane.

Unless I have misunderstood that is?

You said the windows were 3ft square?

If they are indeed only single panes, it is only going to take you 20 seconds per window.
Even allowing for a few awkward ones, most you will be walking up to without any hinderance.

If you are going to charge as much as £235 then you are going to have one hell of a good day!
The outside of an office that size is still only going to take you 3 hours, tops, and thats being really, really generous on time, 2 hours would sound more reasonable with WFP.

I'll lay odds that this is a job you will do inside and out in comfortably inside of a single day.

You can make serious money on this type of account with WFP, you'll get the outside done 4 or 5 times faster than you would with trad, though I do agree that you should charge the same as you would if done trad.

But the inside of a 4 storey office, providing access to the majority of the windows is straight forward, will be only a little slower than you would be on the outside.
Single pane windows are very easy and quick to do.

Best of luck with your price!

If you get the job, keep us informed as yto how long it takes you to get it done!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES