Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jefftemperley

2nd L5 Broke suggestion for different make
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:55:14 pm »
ive had two l5 pack up because of cold weather

the first one i drained off but replaced the plug........... the brass manifold then split!
to be fair john in usa sent me another unit this time i took out the plug and left it out .......... and the copper pipe split at the hot outlet just inside the unit.

was it nwh or discount who said about £300 on a good unit??? if your reading this guys what one was it?

i want something that is not going to pack up
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

matt

Re: 2nd L5 Broke suggestion for different make
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:01:45 pm »
you you have it on a board that you could bolt to the van with " butterfly nut and bolts " and have quick fittings and just twirl the 2 butterfly nuts and take it inside

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »
rinnai 54 eu.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 06:15:55 am »
did you leave it in the van to freeze and crack?

you know that drain plug doesnt get all the water out, it wont get water out after its been heated

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:58:57 am »
I think freezing will kill any heater,.. get an oil filled rad in that van now!!

chrisyg

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »
I think freezing will kill any heater,.. get an oil filled rad in that van now!!

do they heat the water well? whats the running costs on those?  ::)

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:24:06 pm »
This 1 won`t crack or pack up on you.

martindrz400

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:42:16 pm »
a friends van in cambridge has a simular system running from deisel fed from his main tank hes had endless problens

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »
He probobly has it setup wrong,mine was setup wrong at the start and wouldn`t feed diesel into the heater.There is a return fuel line that has to be used to feed the diesel,on first glance it looks as though you have to use the other fuel line is this the problem he had,there Webasto and are on par with Rolls Royce as far as on board heaters go.Mine goes on in the morning and stays on without any trouble at all.

burky-boy

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »
This 1 won`t crack or pack up on you.

Hi Nigel

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for your hot water system. After
having a L5 in my sons van for only a couple of weeks and the manifold split im looking for something better. I have a hot water system in my van that is great but a bit on the epensive side

Cheers Steve
Keep The Faith

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 09:04:32 pm »
All told about 3k with fitting,i freind of mine fitted it for me that has a garage although he is a trained engineer.

burky-boy

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 02:51:28 pm »
All told about 3k with fitting,i freind of mine fitted it for me that has a garage although he is a trained engineer.
Thanks for your reply think i best stick to the hot water system im using now  lol.
But on a serious note you get what you pay for mine would hav been round about the same price as yours had i not of fitted it my self via expert family help and it works in cold icey weather not like some of the cheaper systems out there .

Cheers steve
Keep The Faith