Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fintan_Coll

Prochem Service
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »
Although in the business since the early 90's I have never used any Prochem products. More out of curiosity than anything else I thought I would try some Prochem items .Rang them up a few minutes ago and maybe I was just unfortunate but I spoke to a lady who was vague about delivery times and could'nt tell me how long it would take four cases of product to reach me. Oh well I thought two days, three days, four days whatever.
I then asked her for a price and you will not  believe her answer. She said she could'nt get into the system to give me a price and could I please ring back tomorrow. I have never been treated so shabbily by any supplier in the cleaning business and as I have done very well without their products so far I think I can survive a while longer without them.

derek west

Re: Prochem Service
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:43:41 pm »
what were you pur-chasing?
or should i say attempting to pur-chase?
hydramaster direct are fantastic,
"when will..." "be with you tomorrow"
"how mu...." "£57.25 including vat and postage"

derek

clinton

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:46:26 pm »
Ye what area mate ???

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »
Fintan

Sorry to hear of your poor service experience.

Have you considered using one of Prochem's distributors such as Express Cleaning Supplies, sponsors of Clean It Up?

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »
Spoils you when you already have a good supplier, does'nt it  Finton

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:06:17 pm »
To be honest I wil not loose any sleep over it. Yes I am sure Express cleaning would bend over backwards  for their customers and maybe I will give them a buzz tomorrow.
As you say Joe when used to dealing with a good effecient supplier we expect the best from them all.
Can you imagine if any of us told a customer to ring us back tomorrow for a price,do you think they would bother.....some chance.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
Cant complain about Prochem Scotland (Greenock), they go that extra bit for you.
I have had deliveries the last 2 Friday evenings for jobs on the Saturday.

Bob

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:20:43 pm »
fintan try Cleancare in Mallusk 02890848595

des

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:34:12 pm »
Hi Fintan  Staff Training come,s to mind . A company i phoned friday to place an order (£69=00 ) Phone call today to say that they had charged me £98=00 by mistake .ok they said they would put it back in my account today Five mins later post arrives with invoice from this company and yes they have charged £98=00 for the goods but then i see that they have only charged me foe 2 fittings .I asked for four .Phone company and ask them to send four fittings 2xmale and 2xfemale ok .five mins and i get a phone call to say what fittings did i want ,This after i had spent 20 mins on the phone on friday explaining .OK he said  five mins later he,s back on the phone asking me to talk to the parts man .Im thinking thats it then but five mins later he,s back on the phone asking me for my card details so he can pay me back the money .Thats the same details he had friday We are now on first names  Good job i was off today Des :'(
des at mister clean

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »
Hi Guys

I have always thought Prochem's great strength is their branch network where you can go and collect what you want.

It can be very frustrating dealing with suppliers over the phone, another reason to build good local contacts.

Cheers

Doug

JandS

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 10:58:37 am »
Didn't think you could buy direct, don't you have to go through distributors?

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 11:03:09 am »
think with prochem you have to buy by the case if you buy direct.
derek

clinton

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 12:52:54 pm »
Or the pallet ;D

Les

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
I lost my usual supplier of prochem products when they got taken over.

I've had a bit of a battle trying to find another local supplier who is;
a) Knowledgeable...instead of asking me for product codes because they've never heard of the product, 'Fibre Shampoo'

b) Interested in my custom.....most didn't seem bothered.

c) Carry some stock

d) Can give me some idea of delivery

e) Offer at least some discount in the current climate.

One stockist seemed very good, helpful, in stock, no delivery charge and next day delivery.

The stock arrived as promised and off I went to a carpet job where I began mixing up some Bonnet Buff...

The container looked really battered and dirty and carried the old 0181 code foe London.

I made enquiries via Prochem who wouldn't believe the 6 digit  batch No. that I gave them. Had to be 4 digits apparently. After much searching in old archives they discovered that they did use 6 digits years ago and it was the date of manufacture....in this case 22 05 00  :o yup, over 8 years old !

A quick call to the supplier  to uhhmmm 'explain the situation' and a replacement was found and dispatched.

I must be getting old because I can remember the days when spending your money was quite easy, not apparently now !

Les

JandS

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:47 pm »
My local one is brilliant and has most stuff in or can get them next day.
Stopped using him for chemicals though as online is a lot cheaper, just get your orders in before you need the stuff.

John

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 07:39:19 pm »
I hope for the sake of your "brilliant" supplier that other cleaning companies in your area don't go down the mail order route 'cause they wont be there very long will they  :(.

You have to use your supplier or you'll lose them  :'(.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Gerry Styles

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »
We have two very good prochem stockists in Bristol and the will ship it to you anywhere in uk
Premier Klean Limited

JandS

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »
Ok I'll pay over the odds for chemicals  and use up a bit of diesel and an hour of my time.
Think they make most of their money on the repair side anyway as they mend vacs and things for the general public.

John