Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Snow - and leaflets
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:31:25 pm »
As  i cant work today with the snow, i was thinking about leaflet dropping for a few hours..

is it the last thing on a householders mind in this weather...? and more likely to be binned....

just thought i would use the time.... but dont know if its going to be worthwhile....

jaykie

Re: Snow - and leaflets
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »
I just said to the misses i wonder how many people are off work today and looked out there windows at the snow and thought there windows look terrable and must get a window cleaner, I recon who ever you drop too will put it in a draw and ring you in a few months or weeks.

Chris

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 12:50:24 pm »
As  i cant work today with the snow, i was thinking about leaflet dropping for a few hours..

is it the last thing on a householders mind in this weather...? and more likely to be binned....

just thought i would use the time.... but dont know if its going to be worthwhile....

Looks abit desperate to me though
P&R Window Cleaning

LWC

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:07:34 pm »
Hardly desperate, cant really work in this weather so why not get out there and get more work in.

When mine are done ill be out when i can not work.

ZaNo

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 01:56:00 pm »
I thought about doing it but IMO it looks desperate too

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
with the response most get from leaflets 3/4 calls per 1000 dropped. Why and earth are people going to be worrying about a having windows cleaned there prop be more concerned with how much gas or electricity there using while its cold.
Good on ya if you go out in this weather let me know how you get on
P&R Window Cleaning

macmac

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:32:27 pm »
with the response most get from leaflets 3/4 calls per 1000 dropped. Why and earth are people going to be worrying about a having windows cleaned there prop be more concerned with how much gas or electricity there using while its cold.

It's what those 3 or 4 calls lead to though as well. many a time i have taken a job on that on it's own wasn't realy worth it for maybe, say, size of job or distance to the job but, for me at least, it has nearly always led to lots of other work in & around that area. word of mouth, friends, family, neighbours etc.

Tony

poole bay

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:48 pm »
i put 10 leaflets in the doors and got a £20 house ;)

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:33:11 pm »

It's what those 3 or 4 calls lead to though as well. many a time i have taken a job on that on it's own wasn't realy worth it for maybe, say, size of job or distance to the job but, for me at least, it has nearly always led to lots of other work in & around that area. word of mouth, friends, family, neighbours etc.

Tony
I agree.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »
I travelled out of my way once to do a 25 quid house (passed on from a 15 quid house in another area), then got a 35, then a 20, then a 45 one all in the same area. All of which passed my details on to one-another.
So from what started as a non-economical 25 quid job turned into 125 quid for half days work.

Tony

geefree

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:12:09 am »
 put 200 out yesterday... on and off..

got 2 new calls on the road... and two more via phone calls..

2 at £8 and 1 £10 and 1 at £12

so thats worth £360 in a year....

not a bad days wages yesterday then!!

thats how i look at it...

so well worth it . ;)