Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nmarshall_ucclear

Application For Payment?
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:00 pm »
Hello there

I hope someone can help with my small dilema, I've recently quoted and it was accepted for our first builders clean which is almost complete, I've contacted the builder and asked where to send the invoice to, upon which he replied and said I've got to send in an application for payment rather than an invoice.

Not wanted to sound like an idiot I turned round and said no problem I'll get it sorted, I've now got the problem of not knowing what one is, how it should look, what it should contain etc, etc.

I've contacted our local Business Link numerous times and they keep saying they'll get back to me and never do, I've had a look on the internet but can't find a great deal of information on them, just some details of an similar american system.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Nick

Fox

Re: Application For Payment?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:47:18 pm »
I don't really understand what they are asking for either!  What I would do is send an invoice along with your bank details for bacs payment and terms for payment, I assume you recieved a po or contract to carry out the works, send a copy of this too. 

You must now have their address so I am sure if they need anything else they will contact you.

Hope this helps
Fox

dianegreenwood

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:01:23 am »
Hi Nick

An application for payment is used in the construction industry for staged payments usually. 

This webiste is offering a free example if you email them so worth a try:

http://www.contractorsblog.com/archives/2007/01/application_for.html

Cheers

Diane

hamish

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:29 pm »
I would just change the wording on your existing invoice to Application for payment No 1 and that should do them,if you are requesting part payment you just make the balance invoice Application no 2

They do Applications because you could be working on a building site for months or years, or the job may be a re-measure ie 1000s windows etc ,so you can invoice for works per month/week etc.

But its nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.