Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

Re: Got to get a proper job!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:58 pm »
a proper job is where the bank can see a real steady income every month, and if you deside to go for a loan, they can base the loan on your yearly income, try doing this with a w/c buisness, very few will get one, now the crunch is here it is going to be even harder to get a loan,

iv been with my bank for 20 yrs,,,,, i have mortgage, a loan, a credit card, and an overdraught. they can see a regular income!....i have never defaulted, never had any charges......i moved house last june  to a new property, and i was able to get a mortgage while many others with so called PROPER JOBS were unable to.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 08:10:54 pm »
I have a customer that has a large house his'n'hers cars a dozen classic 50's fords and its obvious he has plenty of money but when he goes out to work(self employed) not sure what, he goes out in an old Ford Scorpio he said he doesnt want to turn up to customers with a better car than them as it would put them off buying from him
Moral is he doesnt care how they see him as long as they buy his product
I dont care how they see me as long as my family is provided for and is safe everything else doesnt matter

NWH

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »
a proper job is where the bank can see a real steady income every month, and if you deside to go for a loan, they can base the loan on your yearly income, try doing this with a w/c buisness, very few will get one, now the crunch is here it is going to be even harder to get a loan,
Try doing it with a WC business ? i do,do you not show a regular income then.

foxy

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 08:39:34 pm »
a proper job is where you can afford to save for the things you need without getting a loan :P just because a bank or institution will offer you a loan (to make money off you) doesn't mean that you are 'a proper business'. get your overheads down, live within your means and think about why you need to impress people with all the 'positional goods' (status symbols). the country is next to bankrupt because everyone is debted up beyond their means. make a living and put some by; that's a proper business mate  :P
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

peter holley

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 09:40:01 pm »
a proper job is where you can afford to save for the things you need without getting a loan :P just because a bank or institution will offer you a loan (to make money off you) doesn't mean that you are 'a proper business'. get your overheads down, live within your means and think about why you need to impress people with all the 'positional goods' (status symbols). the country is next to bankrupt because everyone is debted up beyond their means. make a living and put some by; that's a proper business mate  :P

you dont have a mortgage then????

foxy

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »
council house mate. did have a mortgage but split from her and walked. then house prices went crazy,  >:(. i know full well that many many people have mortgages; (and some did very very well out of rising prices).but loans and credit cards for flash stuff is not real life. there's loads of stuff i'd like but when you save the money up you realise it weren't that important in any case. loads of stuff is bought on impulse, on plastic. when it's like that you are not your own boss.
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

peter holley

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
council house mate. did have a mortgage but split from her and walked. then house prices went crazy,  >:(. i know full well that many many people have mortgages; (and some did very very well out of rising prices).but loans and credit cards for flash stuff is not real life. there's loads of stuff i'd like but when you save the money up you realise it weren't that important in any case. loads of stuff is bought on impulse, on plastic. when it's like that you are not your own boss.
[/quote

i agree totally....you can become a slave to society :(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 10:48:49 pm »
I guessed it depends what you are looking for from a job.
Some people want status from their work, and may look down on us, or some of us just want to make our living in the least hours so we can get on with life and do the things we want to do.

Had a woman in an office say derisively 'You've got a good job, huh'
I said 'Well i couldn't do your's of course'
'No' she said 'You couldn't'
I said 'I couldn't take the cut in pay for one thing'  ;D

Good answer.  I'll have to remember that one   :)

I've done proper jobs in the past.  Had to do all sorts of weird hours, dance to someone else's tune, and let someone else decide my rate of pay.  Sounds very IMproper to me.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 10:58:59 pm »
I disagree with last comment, I've just changed banks mainly to benefit from another 18 months free banking. My new business bank has given me a £2,000 overdraft and a mastercard. So my point is that it doesnt matter what kind of business you do, the banks will still offer you a good deal.

I think a loan that you repay over a fixed period is better if possible.  Banks tend to call in or reduce overdrafts when times are tough.  With Visa/Mastercards, the limits can be (and are) reduced at the drop of a hat these days.

Fieldsy

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 11:32:27 pm »
If having a "proper job" means, working shifts, including nights!! for 14 years, not being able to go out socially in the week or weekends, missing time with the family, and still just scraping through, being talked to by works managers as though you were on their shoe when they knew less about the bloody job than you did. Also being told if you don't like it "F off, someone else will do it.............in that case I had a proper job, and bloody hated it, and looking back now and thinking what a complete waste of my life.

Oh, and for that "proper job", I did a full apprenticeship, studied at college, and worked in that particular skilled trade for 20 odd years with all the stress that went with it..................and I don't wanna go back!!!

I'm new to this, I'm enjoying it, I hope it will build and I work to hours that suits me, and if I want to work from 8am-6pm, I can if I want to, knowing full well, the only person that is going to benefit is ME, and not some gaffer who has his head up his arse and treats his employees like a herd of mindless sheep.

Sorry   lol  Rant over   ;)
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

peter holley

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 11:43:41 pm »
bbbbbbbbbaaaahhhhh

tompoole

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 07:22:48 am »
This was one that made me laugh, from one of my first custys. Now she has always been over the moon with the service and standard of my clean . One day she said " ive never had my windows so clean !" But then added " Please can i go to every other month, im sorry but with the redit crunch i can only afford  every other"
" thats no problem " i said " " it will allow me to take on another customer,  and the more customers i have the stronger and more ressesion proof my business will be."

With  this she said " your quite bright! maybe you should be a business man! "
  ER Urm yes maybe i could run my own , er um, i know window cleaning business.
Some people

Another classic

Steve CM

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 07:41:09 am »
Try doing it with a WC business ? i do,do you not show a regular income then.

I have to agree with that. my bank wants to chuck money at me. Infact even more so now than before the crunch started. i could get my hands on 25k tomorrow if i needed it just based on my business accounts

jouk45

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 02:40:49 pm »
blimey steve, you must have used your magic on the bank manager  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 02:55:19 pm »

its just about having a good cash flow. i was surprised though i must admit when they wrote me a letter to say i could borrow it if i want! with all the doom and gloom thats about i thought it might be difficult to borrow. doesn't seem to be the case ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 05:15:28 pm »

More likely his bank manager will need to start a W/C round soon and wants to get in his good books for a bit of training    :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:15 pm »
Dennis was snooker a proper job  ;D ;D ;D ;D
It certainly was in 1985.;D

Steve CM

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »

More likely his bank manager will need to start a W/C round soon and wants to get in his good books for a bit of training    :)

if he gave me 25k he could have all the training he wants! ;D