Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kenaltobelli

Re: Count yourselves lucky!
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »
pingu you visit a hospital over here it would be empty without non
ethnic persons as would care homes they just cant get staff the problems
start and finn with benifits system

dai

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 05:11:31 pm »
What is it with us Brits, we think we have the God given right to go where we please, and work if we want to, yet would deny that right to others.
The Europeans that are working here are working for the same rates of pay, it's the employers right to hire who he likes.
We voted to be part of the European union, and it was great when object one funding from the EEC paid for loads of substandard housing to be improved, many houses where I live got new roofs out of it.
Now some are demanding that European workers are sent back, the word Hypocrite comes to mind.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 05:22:12 pm »
if you put a add in a paper job going no blacks no poles you would be hung
yet the euros are geting contracts and doing just that if you have ever been to france
you would know just how racist they are about the english something
to do about blowing up all there ships in the war or ahundred other things that p#]['
them off the point is all you want is a fair playing field

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:02 pm »
I count myself lucky.
It's a game of three halves!

from edge2edge

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:21 pm »
Gentlemen are you aware that we spent £100 million on interpreters last year.Just think how many doctors,nurses,policemen,firemen etc we could get for that money. Regards Alan(swindon)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 05:37:39 pm »
Gentlemen are you aware that we spent £100 million on interpreters last year.Just think how many doctors,nurses,policemen,firemen etc we could get for that money. Regards Alan(swindon)

And that was just for the Gogs in North Wales!!! ;D

I agree Alan - why do we want Japanese interpreters just so Honda can come to Swindon and set up a car manufacturing plant that keeps so many Brits (including me) in work, hmmmmm????

macmac

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 05:43:11 pm »
I count myself lucky, although most people don't realise just how painfull it can be waking up each morning, looking in the mirror & seeing how good looking I am these days! Such a burden at times. :-\

;D ;D

Tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:19 pm »
I count myself lucky, although most people don't realise just how painfull it can be waking up each morning, looking in the mirror & seeing how good looking I am these days! Such a burden at times. :-\

;D ;D

Tony

Those ex-fairground mirrors are good value aren't they, Tony?

;D

macmac

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:04 pm »

;D ;D

Tony

Those ex-fairground mirrors are good value aren't they, Tony?

;D

Best thing I ever bought Malc, just glad the wife went to the opticians AFTER our wedding! ;)

Tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 06:16:12 pm »
We shouldn't have allowed all the foreigners to come and work here in the first place unless they are trained for a specific job.
They should have tightened up years ago and let the british people have the chance of jobs,especially in the construction industry.

It's an easy thing to say but people from  EEC member countries do have a right to work here.  In the same way, any English moving out to (for example) Spain have the right to work there too.  If it stops one way, it should stop the other way.  By stopping the Poles from working, it could effectively stop Brit nationals from emigrating to the EEC if they need to work when they get there.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 06:18:22 pm »
The thing is if the bed company got rid of the poles and allowed the british workers to keep their jobs,the majority of the british workers would work harder to keep the business afloat.We do live in great brotain...send the bloody foreigners home and let the brits have a chance.

I look forward to meeting all the Brits who return home after being booted out of EEC countries.  Perhaps you would join me to tell them about your wonderful coup in booting out foreigners.   ;D

Tosh

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 06:23:51 pm »

I agree Alan - why do we want Japanese interpreters just so Honda can come to Swindon and set up a car manufacturing plant that keeps so many Brits (including me) in work, hmmmmm????

Japanese car factories operating in the UK employ their own interpreters; I know because my Mother was a Japanese interpreter for Nissan in Sunderland.  And there wasn't many Japanese who could speak Japanese, English and GEORDIE fluently; so she was paid a small fortune.

But I agree, we do waste a lot of tax payer's money on pointless daft Welsh translations when there's no requirement.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 06:28:57 pm »

Japanese car factories operating in the UK employ their own interpreters; I know because my Mother was a Japanese interpreter for Nissan in Sunderland.  And there wasn't many Japanese who could speak Japanese, English and GEORDIE fluently; so she was paid a small fortune.

But I agree, we do waste a lot of tax payer's money on pointless daft Welsh translations when there's no requirement.

For pity's sake Tosh.  When I visit my sister in Co. Durham I need an interpreter   ;D  .
Made me laugh the first time I went up to see her.  There was some weather bulletin going on about (little skytie bits (spelling??) .  We eventually found out it meant snow.

jaykie

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:43 pm »

For pity's sake Tosh.  When I visit my sister in Co. Durham I need an interpreter   ;D  .
Made me laugh the first time I went up to see her.  There was some weather bulletin going on about (little skytie bits (spelling??) .  We eventually found out it meant snow.

My exs family are from County Durhah and I couldnt understand anything they spoke about, thought I was in a foreign country, i asked the taxi driver if he excepted pounds or euros. Glad i havent got to listen to when shes going for a tab or feeding the burn.

Chris

weetot

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2009, 10:24:34 pm »
Any bugger can understand the geordie lingo, as long as your fluent in Scottish.  But  from the last blogs lets bring the drawbridge up anyway, even though we're 25 years too late. Bit of homiphobia gannin on i reckon. (not in my back yard and all that!)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ZaNo

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2009, 10:45:05 pm »
180 for a weeks work is really bad for someone thats worked there for so many years. i mean people of the age of 16 can start jobs nowa days for 250quid Pw