Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grimsby~~~Purefreedom
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:04:42 pm »
What is there to do there for a day whilst they play with my van?

Coffee shops? Libraries? Arcade  ;D ?  Knockin' shop?

Im gonna be bored aren't I !!?

jaykie

Re: Grimsby~~~Purefreedom
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:07:26 pm »
I booked into a hotel

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »
I booked into a hotel

did you also get some hired help for the day? ;D ;D

Slash

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:17:41 pm »
Got my van fitted up there and was dropped off in Cleethorpes by Andrew Thompson,what a service,must of walked the beach front a hundred times,fell asleep on the beach in the end,plenty of arcades and Donkey rides ;D
I was bored stiff but worth every minute!
Andrew even picked me up again!.........could of got the bus but he insisted!  :)

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:18:37 pm »
I paid £20 for a room, got breakfast and bed could of had shower too but watched jeremy kyle instead.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 05:24:36 pm »
So Chris, you paid £20, and got a room with a telly?

Sounds worth it to be honest, at least that'd help to pass the time.

Where was this place? Can you remember?

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:06 pm »
When i phoned purefreedom they told me to find a hotel local, I found this woman and she said because its for day and not over night she would do for £20 as she could pretty much always fit someone in during the day as most people that stay there dont get in till after work so i gave her number to purefreedom as she said she would do this deal for any of there customers, Andreaw McCann may remember what the hotel was as he dropped me off and picked me up, if you have no luck ill have a look for you.

Chris

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:42 pm »

if you go right back on my posts you will see what I did in grimsby.

when round the shopping centre 3 times, arcade and also played bingo with the local ladies :) won a couple of hundred on machines I think it was. I also got a day ticket for the bus and went on a round trip of grimsby twice takes about hour ish, on the left of the arcade if looking face on the is a side street 100 yards down on the right is a cafe, they do a great brekfast ( I was speaking to someone about marketing online while eating it) but went down a treat.

as I siad I went on the bus with day ticket and slept the second time round, at the end of the day I thought I would go to KFC for a bucket of chicken as I got there (starving) I got a call that system was ready andy pick me up and waited for my chicken to be cook, was like a kid waiting for christmas presents. where is also a cinema there on the bus route should you want to watch a film. Oh nearly forgot, there is a libary there if memory serves me you get 30 mins at a time free on the internet, and yes I posted on here from there lol.

Have a great day on Friday m8 and let me know about the ro output.

Ian

jaykie

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 05:44:33 pm »
Best £20 i ever spent, toast, tea and room with tv all thrown in, now you dont get that very often.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 06:01:33 pm »
I would take a couple of good books, pretend I was on Holiday and sit back and read. Preferably with a lot of chocolate nearby.

twt

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 06:09:50 pm »
the fishing heritage center is quite interesting.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 06:11:45 pm »

Plenty of fish and from what ive been told the birds aint much better ;)
P&R Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 06:40:23 pm »
Thanks  guys.

A book and that place looks like the best option, that place only looks about a mile from PF Chris, straight down the main road through town.

I'll take a look at that fishing place too. Sounds like fun. Im a devil in arcades, might have ot take the penny jar  ;D

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 07:14:07 pm »
Thanks  guys.

A book and that place looks like the best option, that place only looks about a mile from PF Chris, straight down the main road through town.

I'll take a look at that fishing place too. Sounds like fun. Im a devil in arcades, might have ot take the penny jar  ;D
they will drive you to the town  ;)

trevor povey

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:04 pm »
its a horrible miserable place when the weather is bad get andrew to drop you off at some digs straight away...thats what he did for us then he picked us back up when the job was complete.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 08:28:01 pm »
its a horrible miserable place when the weather is bad get andrew to drop you off at some digs straight away...thats what he did for us then he picked us back up when the job was complete.
closed mind  ::) ::) ::) , there is loads to do there if you open your eyes and mind, i most have spent an hour eying up work and pricing it in my mind lol

sean.w.c.s

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:02 pm »
Am from grimsby. there the shoping centre which is indoors and the library is there to next to the shops. there the fishing heritage centre near freedoms place  all on a 10min walk to town. if you go to cleethorpes there the usual stuff and at the far end there a cinema ( parkway) cant think of much else

Slash

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 05:38:41 pm »
Am from grimsby. there the shoping centre which is indoors and the library is there to next to the shops. there the fishing heritage centre near freedoms place  all on a 10min walk to town. if you go to cleethorpes there the usual stuff and at the far end there a cinema ( parkway) cant think of much else
That cinema is a good walk from the pier,walked up there and went into McDonalds beside it,then got on that funny train back!............ ;D

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 08:06:13 pm »
the fishing heritage center is quite interesting.

Thanks for that Philip, went there today, just got back. Was interesting, best part of the day looking round that place. Spent an hour in there. Then got bored ::)

Van looks good though, They did a good job.

Nice bunch all of those guys there.

Andrew Thompson, top man.