Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Great One

Pub Work?
« on: March 20, 2005, 12:36:07 pm »
Hi

Looking to contacting pubs, anyone done this kind of cleaning?

If so any help or advice would be of great help

Many thanks

Regards

Martin 8)

martin19842

Re: Pub Work?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 03:48:07 pm »
hi there,

i used to quote for pub work several years ago.

the cleaning companies are usually only tasked with cleaning the front of house areas, as the bar staff will do back of house areas.

they are usually easier contracts to get, but usually have to be cleaned first thing in the morning, so really just a logistics exercise.

there have been a couple of posts on here about pub cleaning in the past

regards

martin

Fox

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 04:05:25 pm »
Hi Martin

What do you want to know?

I do public houses and the hours can be pretty flexible, the money is also pretty good but be careful, if you take on this type of work make sure you know who you are working for!  If there is a chance that the management could change put them on a weekly notice/payment contract.

Fox

CMS

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 06:12:34 pm »
Pubs......................erm, I've had LOADS of pub cleaning contracts in the past but wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now.

The pro's..............

1. They're easy to get because not everyone wants to do them.
2. The value for the size of them is quite good and it will boost turnover quickly and easily.

The cons...........

1. Only 'Managed Houses' will buy. It would be very rare to sell cleaning to a 'Tenant'.
2. It is extremely rare to be issued with keys. Cleaning has to be done at a set time and only in the morning. This gives you very little flexibility for sickness cover.
3. Seven days per week cleaning (including through christmas). Your sickness will go up over christmas and you will be cleaning yourself. I've cleaned pubs on christmas day!

If you want a quick decision and a boost to your turnover - then pubs it is. But they're more trouble than they're worth.

Ask yourself this.....why do you get a quick, favourable decision? ...............Because those who have tried them don't want them.

Lesley J

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 07:27:26 pm »
We have cleaned pubs, but I would not chose to do this again unless pushed,
all for the reasons stated in previous posts, its a lot of hassle when cleaners go sick, I too have cleaned a pub on Sunday am.. not always a nice job after 
a busy night in the pub.

Lesley :-*
Lesley Tyrrell

a55essor

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 07:28:38 pm »
HI
I had few pubs just got one pub left, they are a pain in the butt, when the cleaner leaves it's hard to get cleaners. In some pubs it can be a tip at the weekends. I used to employ a cleaner for the week and one for weekend, as i don't think a cleaner can clean a pub 7 days. I did try it for a while and found the cleaner would not turn up some weekends. It's true that you only quote to clean the front of the pub. good luck on you new venture Martin
kev

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 09:08:28 pm »
When I used to clean pubs they were priced at nine-day clean if you get my drift and then hse become a big issue.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)