Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

CAN MY POLE SNAP? please help
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »
Hi guys been cleaning a window above a conservatory today and was very awkward to get to. When i did manage to reach it my pole bent like a fishing rod. Could my pole snap in half as i'm nervous doing them but dont want to leave a window. Please put my mind at rest  :'( :'( :'( :'(

rhys11

Re: CAN MY POLE SNAP? please help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:58:13 pm »
maybe
rhys

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:59:57 pm »
What pole and brush combo are you using?
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

williamx

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:14 pm »
If you are using a carbon or fibre glas pole, then the answer is yes, it can snap.

If you are really worried you can use an unger tele pole,for those windows, which is made from alumium, which won't snap.

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:06:22 pm »

If you are really worried you can use an unger tele pole,for those windows, which is made from alumium, which won't snap.

ive snapped a unger ali pole

scared the life out of me

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 06:19:22 pm »
I snapped a brodex predator once. I wasn't even using it at an awkward angle. They did replace it no problems though.

williamx

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »

How the hell did you do that, i've had mine bend so much that the head is still on the ground while the pole in my hand is pointing straight up, it did bend one of the poles though.

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »
I snapped a brodex predator once. I wasn't even using it at an awkward angle. They did replace it no problems though.

Can't believe that Brodex replaced the pole! I've snapped two predators and Brodex didn't want to know!! Perhaps they have improved their customer service these days?

matt

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:33:15 pm »

How the hell did you do that, i've had mine bend so much that the head is still on the ground while the pole in my hand is pointing straight up, it did bend one of the poles though.

it wasnt even bending, it was just wear and tear to be honest though , the pole was a good few years old and just wore from the inside out

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 09:01:17 pm »

Can't believe that Brodex replaced the pole! I've snapped two predators and Brodex didn't want to know!! Perhaps they have improved their customer service these days?

I know their rep isn't great but I honestly have always found them very good. The pole that snapped was a replacement pole for another that had bad clamps and was spinning. I rang up, spoke to them and they sent a replacement no problems. That replacement snapped after about a week (not good I know) and again they shipped a replacement which has been used daily for the last 4 months with no problems.

I also get the impression it can depend on who you get through to. There are alot of differing opinions on Brodex, some seem to get replacements and others don't for the same problem. There seems to be a consistency issue.