Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Emporium Poles base sections
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:19:57 pm »
I have a Emporium Pole currently 45ft but i need another 20 / 25 ft  :P
Which looking at there site will cost me about £350. Is there any other section that will fit DIY or what ever. I have seen the fishing pole idea talked about alot , would the base sections fit ?
Thanks for any help
Martin

Jeff Brimble

Re: Emporium Poles base sections
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »
F16 extension sections will fit between the 5th and 6th sections leaving you to fit the base sections into them- I think  ???  Will need to check in the morning. Not sure of the price of the f16 extensions you will have to ring www.cheshirefishing.co.uk maybe about £55-£60

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:34:44 pm »
Thanks jeff, I had a feeling it might be you who would know.  ;D
How long are those sections ?

Regards
Martin

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:29:20 pm »
Simple answer, the f16 base sections are the same length as the Emporium base section, just the taper thats different.
Simple answer the F16 14.5 parallel extension section fits straight into the base of the large laquered base No 7 section of the Emporium.
OK now for the complicated bit, doing the above using the 14.5 and 16m extension sections alternately ie 14.5 then 16 then 14.5 then 16, will alow 3 or 4 extensions to take you say 20ft higher but if you need to go higher again I would also use the 13m tapered f16 section which will fit inside the No5 section of the Emorium, then use the 14.5 then the 16 then the 14.5 then the 16 etc. finally using the N06 section Emporium which fits into the base of the 16m F16 section allowing you to use the No7 section Emporium as a base section. ( its easier to do than type  :o )
You can do similar withy any other modular pole on the market.
I dissapointingly  have to mention that I feel that we are all being ripped of by the prices both suppliers are charging for these poles and sections. I originally went with Emporium because I was offered quality c/f poles at cheaper prices.  ::) It has not happened. Thats why I continue to back the F16 which will do the job and other fishing poles.
I got the F16 and Garbolino  to 80ft and still use the F16 daily 3 years later.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 02:22:05 pm »
Simple answer, the f16 base sections are the same length as the Emporium base section, just the taper thats different.
Simple answer the F16 14.5 parallel extension section fits straight into the base of the large laquered base No 7 section of the Emporium.
OK now for the complicated bit, doing the above using the 14.5 and 16m extension sections alternately ie 14.5 then 16 then 14.5 then 16, will alow 3 or 4 extensions to take you say 20ft higher but if you need to go higher again I would also use the 13m tapered f16 section which will fit inside the No5 section of the Emorium, then use the 14.5 then the 16 then the 14.5 then the 16 etc. finally using the N06 section Emporium which fits into the base of the 16m F16 section allowing you to use the No7 section Emporium as a base section. ( its easier to do than type  :o )
You can do similar withy any other modular pole on the market.
I dissapointingly  have to mention that I feel that we are all being ripped of by the prices both suppliers are charging for these poles and sections. I originally went with Emporium because I was offered quality c/f poles at cheaper prices.  ::) It has not happened. Thats why I continue to back the F16 which will do the job and other fishing poles.
I got the F16 and Garbolino  to 80ft and still use the F16 daily 3 years later.

Jeff,

I have highlighted one of your sentences above that I feel is inaccurate.

As far as I know you have never worked with or purchased one of our Super-Lites from us. There is no ripping off of anyone on our part, the margin on the Super-Lites is a lot less than any of the other poles we sell and about a quarter of that of most other manufacturers mark-ups.

On a like for like (actual length not published reach figures) basis our pole kits and section are actually somewhat less expensive than the Emporium offerings and most of our clients can very easily assess the quality of the Super-Lite compared to the Emporium sections as we have one at our premises for comparison.

To take a specific price comparison the Extension sections that are needed for the Emporium pole are £89.95 including the VAT but plus £15 postage. The Super-Lite extension sections are £59 + VAT = £67.85 but the shipping is free.

If we now compare the above to an extension section on a Maver Resolution the retail price is £75 + shipping.

I have worked very hard to keep the pricing on the Super-Lite as competitive as possible. This has been to the detriment of our bottom line and means that profit from this range actually does not reflect the countless hours of time that has been spent in development. The upside is that more window cleaners can afford to work at 50ft+. Telescopic poles will always make us more money with less time invested.

Yes it will always be slightly cheaper for the knowledgeable DIY person to buy a couple of cheaper fishing poles and mix and match parts, but in reality the actual difference is quite small and the finished product has not had the same level of design in it's construction. This is not intended to be a 'put down' for the DIY pole, but as a retailer it is not a viable model for retail sales long term.

I realise that your above statement is just your personal opinion, but I do take objection to being lumped in with Emporium poles. The quality of the product, the development time and the pricing and profit margins of our two products are very different.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 04:10:24 pm »
Thanks for that Jeff
Would it be easyer if i bought the diy modular to reach 70ft. How much would that cost ?
Regards
Martin

ftp

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 05:46:14 pm »
The trouble with using fishing poles as instead of Alex's Superlight poles is that they are very very fragile for windowcleaning. The S2 is far stronger than a fishing pole. Jeff must be a master of preserving his poles because my Maver sections broke for a pastime if slightly abused. The S2 although not indestructable goes a long way in addressing these problems. Wightsurf, you are obviously familiar with fishing poles and their capabilities so you know what you are doing.

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:56:01 pm »
Ftp
Have you used both poles ? the emporium and sl2. I can't fault the emporium at the moment apart from the cost of the base sections. As far as i  new the lastest emporium poles was designed for the window cleaning industry.
As for the diy modular it will suit me for what i need it for as i can' see the point in spending lots of money that i will not get a return for.
Regards
Martin

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:52 pm »
The trouble with using fishing poles as instead of Alex's Superlight poles is that they are very very fragile for windowcleaning. The S2 is far stronger than a fishing pole. Jeff must be a master of preserving his poles because my Maver sections broke for a pastime if slightly abused. The S2 although not indestructable goes a long way in addressing these problems. Wightsurf, you are obviously familiar with fishing poles and their capabilities so you know what you are doing.
Maybe the Maver was the wrong pole to start with.
Martin you have done the hard bit of getting to 40ish ft so its cheaper to add sections which is the basic idea of modular whether you do that by using F16, Emporium or Sl2  is down to you they will each/either get you up there, which is what you initially asked.
Alex, you have tried the F16 and the Maver and went on to develop your own c/f pole the SL. As you say, I have never used one, want to send me one to analyse ? I would be impartially objective.

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:14:22 pm »
Ok thanks jeff
I will give cheshirefishing a call and see what prices they quote me.
Once again thanks for your time.
regards
martin

Alex Gardiner

Re: Emporium Poles base sections New
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:07 pm »

Alex, you have tried the F16 and the Maver and went on to develop your own c/f pole the SL. As you say, I have never used one, want to send me one to analyse ? I would be impartially objective.

Thank you for the offer Jeff. By this stage I have carried out all of the comparison testing that I need at the moment.  This has included working with the Emporium for many hours in real world conditions. As we both know this is the only way of really assessing a piece of equipment's true worth.

ftp

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:28:12 pm »
Ftp
Have you used both poles ? the emporium and sl2. I can't fault the emporium at the moment apart from the cost of the base sections. As far as i  new the lastest emporium poles was designed for the window cleaning industry.
As for the diy modular it will suit me for what i need it for as i can' see the point in spending lots of money that i will not get a return for.
Regards
Martin

No, i've only used the S1 (Maver Resolution) and S2. I always thought the emporium was the same as a fishing pole - i don't know anything about them. I thought the Maver was a superb stiff, light pole but just not robust enough for me, but then i think i am particularly heavy handed with all my kit.

wightsurf

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 06:33:20 pm »
Some people don't like the early Emporium poles as they had trouble with them.But time will tell.  ::)

matt

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »
i dont get the " its not that strong " argument

they are put up in the air and used, if you run over them in your car / van, then of course they will break

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:25 pm »
I think for my next modular or if I ever need a second modular I will be getting an f16 to try out. Ive held Jeffs f16 and it was cool, but at the moment Im happy with my SL2.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 07:01:25 pm »
The way i see it is that the modular fishing pole was made to be held horizontally. So they must be able to take the force of up down motion. Its when they get knocked that it will break or crack.

ftp

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 07:05:25 pm »
i dont get the " its not that strong " argument

they are put up in the air and used, if you run over them in your car / van, then of course they will break

I broke the top section sliding it back in the van (bumped the roof bracing)
Then broke another section when i trod lightly on the tip, broke another pushing a window and broke one in my hands whilst washing a gutter and lastly crushed a section in my hand trying to un- jam two sections. After that lot i gave up. I think your RT Zensorflex will be much stronger. ............ Which reminds me - mine still hasn't arrived from that useless Mullarkeys fishing tackle shop!  >:(

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 07:06:57 pm »
I am very happy with my SL2, I dont have time to scource and experiment with diy etc.

What i wanted and have got is a tried and tested product with service, second to none, I have got 2 supalites, soon to be 3 , I have needed the odd minor repair and Alex has been there on the phone or there in person to help me out. If i had cobbled my own together i would have lost more in lost eanings than i would of saved scourcing my own diy bits.

ftp

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 07:13:47 pm »
I bought an S2 so i would always have something to sit on, a stick to whack the kids and a pipe for sucking gutters out.  ;D