Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

SUB-CONTRACT WORK
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:33:30 pm »
had a meeting today with a chap in liverpool hes got a lot of work on apartment blocks in the midlands, some of the work is for all the windows on the blocks some is just the communal areas, hes looking to subcontract it out.as its out my area i cant go n price up each job so i was thinking of just giving a day rate for the work and adding fuel allowance.

do any of you guys have similar arrangements what price do you suggest i go in at and do i price the fuel per mile or just ask for a set price each day?
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

CLEANGLASSUK

Re: SUB-CONTRACT WORK
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:47:17 pm »
You will need to get as much info as poss on the blocks he want you to do -
ie do they have balconies and do all the balconies need to be done,because if they do and the resident's are out when you go there you might end up havin to go back to do the one you have missed.
Day rate sounds good i would just charge a standard hourly rate and include the fuel cost's in this.Better still if he can email or text you pictures of the blocks that need doing then you can price accordingly.

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 05:30:51 pm »
maybe ask if he has a few photo's which would help
Dave.

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:21 pm »
i dont think he would have photos he has work all over the place apparently from york to manchester to london midlands etc i think he prices his work using his head over the phone for sum jobs i think he mentioned!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:29:15 pm »
Doing sub work can be very lucrative but can also be a no go,
Good luck hope it all work's out for you fingers crossed. ;)

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:47:41 pm »
cheers im not looking at it for long term just short term just while i build me own business up no point havin all the gear n not many house n buildings to use it on!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 12:43:24 am »
???????????????????????????

no one else got advice on this subject?
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

RSWindows

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:03:55 am »
cant you enquire (on here) for a local friendly member of CIU who stays near the site and ask them to price it for you?

send a small payment through paypal as a thank you mabie...

and take it from there, though you may find the local w/c will offer to do the work on your behalf and between the two of you, you can come to some sort of agreement.

richywilts

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:09:16 am »
gud idea mate but theres about 30-40 different sites be a bit difficult to arrange someone to price them all up.but id consider it
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

RSWindows

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 09:41:14 am »
Is it all houses or commercial sites?

lovewindows

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:06 am »
gud idea mate but theres about 30-40 different sites be a bit difficult to arrange someone to price them all up.but id consider it
Theres more than enough w/c on here to cover all them sites, you could almost sub-sub-contract
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

RSWindows

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 09:59:11 am »
i had to travel the entire length of Scotland last month from west coast to east coast then away up north, wasnt much fun to be honest but good work is where you find it    ;)   19 sites in total.

Obviously this was all commercial sites!

But your comment aboutnot being able to get someone to price them all........you never know, all you can do is ask mate.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 10:05:22 am »
Richy

You have got to go and price them up, its alright having day rates, but some of them jobs could really wear you out, especially apartment blocks as the windows are relentless.

At least with price you can work at your own pace and more profit

richywilts

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 04:27:32 pm »
cheers dave

i may just ask him to pick me 5 to begin with do them see how i go with them and build it up from there.

wat prices do people tend to put in for a block of 2 bed apartments i.e per apartment, i know this is hard to say as each site is different just a generalised answer but there cant be much difference in number of window per apartment from 1 one block to another.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct