Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

chip and pin
« on: November 17, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »
does any one use chip and pin with a mobile terminal is it agood thing or bad

mitch2810

Re: chip and pin
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »
Hi Richie
I use it and although fairly expensive I find that I do attract certain clients that I may otherwise have lost. It gives them the option of getting the job done now and paying later and with cash fairly tight at the moment this opens up the market for this payment method even more.
Phil

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:18 am »
I have enquired about it richie, but found it too expensive.

Cash in hand is best, and even now in the "credit crunch" I am finding majority of clients paying cash.

If you go commercial, state in your terms right at the beginning when you want paying, and then mither them constantly if they get behind.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:51:33 pm »
Can be made a little cheaper if the transaction is treated as "cardholder not present". You take their card details away with you and then process them once you get home to your terminal.

The other main advantages of using it are that you might sometimes get bigger jobs  because tehy have the where-with- all to pay you, and secondly the transaction is guaranteed so no worries about bouncing cheques (or forged notes)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way