Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you work Weekends?

dont work weekends
sometimes work to catch up
work saturdays only
work Saturdays AND Sunday

Bonkors

Working on Sundays
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:08:10 pm »
Dont know how topical this question is but what are your thoughts on Working Weekends? (Saturday and Sunday)  ???

Maybe just Saturdays or potentially more controversially on Sundays too. I mean car washes are very busy on Sundays, just wondering what would stop some of us working on sundays. Would it be the window cleaners reluctance to or could it be that customers wont ever entertain the idea??

d s windowcleaning

Re: Working on Sundays
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 11:10:27 pm »
if you need to work it get out and do it .
where theres muck theres money

mci services

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:37:36 pm »
if you need to do it then do it. i never last winter and regretted it so i will this winter

Kevin R

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:51:55 pm »
Its really common to work Saturdays and Sundays when doing commercial. Its easier for internal windows or jobs where cherry pickers are required as health and safety risks are reduced.

I prefer not to work on a Sunday but sometimes I have to.  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:44:35 am »
Loads of my customers are out all week so Saturday is the only day I can get access. I try to keep Sunday free but if I am on catchup I work.

pingu

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:38:08 am »
I have a couple of jobs on a saturday morning...I use these to get me up early and get out...then off to the local garden center for a poodle round.

Sundays I have on occassion worked but only for a particlur commercial job that I have...

But on the whole saturday mornings are used for quotes and Sundays to be spent at home or doing something else.

Cheers
Dave.

LWC

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:55:07 am »
work a sunday!

im need to go and have a lie down

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:02:19 am »

More to the point is how many of your customers would want the window cleaner turning up on a Sunday morning.

Saturdays mornings until about lunchtime I usually work.

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:59 am »
I'd never work a Sunday on residential; and though I've never done it, I would if there was good reason to work a Sunday on a commercial job.

I doubt many of your residential customers would want to see you on a Sunday!  I know I wouldn't.

*frank cannon

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 08:00:51 am »
acess to offices is far easier on saturday so certain jobs we will complete Saturday...Id only work Sunday if it was to catch up or get work completed b4 holiday,as Im sure everyone would do,again only commercial jobs.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:42:08 pm »
weekends and bank holidays by appointment only.

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 01:11:13 pm »

I've only ever worked once on a Sunday and that was a one-off for a couple who were selling their house and had people coming to view the next morning...it was nice money but being up ladders in a quiet residential street mid-morning on a Sunday just didn't "feel" right.

WCE

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »
I worked yesterday on a few flats that I clean the com. areas on because the van was having it's mot today and picked up 5 new customers so it was worth it.
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 04:00:43 pm »
Commercial yes, residential no way. If I really would have to, maybe, but only if the customer wants it.

If you need to work on a Sunday you are doing something seriously wrong.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 07:04:44 pm »
Domestic customers don`t want to see you at the weekend especially on a sunday,some won`t say anything cos some will think you need the money.

Bonkors

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:46:33 pm »
I know times are changing, people are willing to go out shopping on Sundays and would expect shops to be open. Even supermarkets are open. Go to any major shopping complex and Sunday is usually busy. This 24/7 lifestyle, maybe some people would gradually come to the idea of having their windows cleaned on Sundays, after all car washes are busiest on Sunday (along with Saturday)

Do you think attitudes are changing?

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 04:50:12 pm »
Bit different with it being  round their gaff; shopping complex isnt exactly the same, grandma aint sat in the rocking-chair with her false teeth hanging out there is she. I mean it'd shock someone to death having to see that  ;D

simon knight

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 04:56:16 pm »
I think the difference between a car wash, supermarket shopping, going to the pub etc is that people elect to leave home to do these. Whereas having your windows cleaned means somebody having to travel to your place.

I can't explain it but it is different somehow.

Personally I'd love to work a bit of Sunday (saves being dragged down to Asda) and earlier I said I did it just once...it didn't "feel" right ???

Frank pole

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 05:31:26 pm »
A lot of my work can only be done at the weekend as office staff dont like it when you have to climb all over their desk`s to get to the windows - I only do commercial work so I always work sats and some sunday`s

pjulk

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 06:28:08 pm »
As a rule i don't work weekends at all.

This year i have done 2 saturdays both times on gutter cleaning as i was to busy in the week to fit them in.

I would never ever work a sunday.

For me work Mon- fri
saturday & sunday is time spent with the family or hobbies or whatever you like to do on your days off.