Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suds window service

winter cleans
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:36:20 pm »
this is my first full winter as you may well guess,the question is ....
is it easier to clean windows in the winter time...ie less bird strikes....less spider poo cob webs...dust..ect ?

Kevin R

Re: winter cleans
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:27:50 am »
I much prefer working in winter, easier cleans (mostly) you dont get too hot working, no sun burning your skin,  you can clean more per hour, more cups of tea from concerned punters LOL  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:30:19 am »
Hypothermia, frostbite in your fingers, frozen gear, water freezing on the glass....... yep I prefer winter too. 

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:25:42 am »
As far as cleans and earnings I did qiute well over last winter with plenty of my customers tiping well over the christmas period. However the only thing I dont like about winter is the cold weather, you really have to be well wrapped up for this weather.

Gerard :)

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:36:49 am »

I get arthritis in my left thumb and on a cold winters morning it's bloody agony for the couple of hours. Mind you it's better than sweating up in the summer.

Kevin R

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:03 am »
Hypothermia, frostbite in your fingers, frozen gear, water freezing on the glass....... yep I prefer winter too. 

Are you within the Arctic circle by any chance  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:47:44 am »
Simon, Try a tablespoon of  "Honeygar" cider vinegar from any health shop, in water for 6 weeks along with the usual glucosamine, works for my knees !

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:59:24 am »

I get arthritis in my left thumb and on a cold winters morning it's bloody agony for the couple of hours. Mind you it's better than sweating up in the summer.
i get it in my middle finger right hand,know what you mean
Practice by raising that finger in the air.
Preferably at the tax office. ;D

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 12:14:30 pm »
Simon, Try a tablespoon of  "Honeygar" cider vinegar from any health shop, in water for 6 weeks along with the usual glucosamine, works for my knees !

Cheers

ok cleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 03:25:40 pm »
You can getaway with little mistakes in the winter by the time people back from work it usually dark so they wont notice the the little smear on the glass and as soon as you finish working it starts raining any way dont call me a cowboy it is same for all of us and i think it is part of the game.