Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanimperial

Price increase
« on: October 06, 2008, 12:16:17 pm »
Hi all

Would anyone consider putting there prices up in December considering every thing that is going on with the economy. ?

Thanks

Fred

garyj

Re: Price increase
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 01:23:30 pm »
I have just put mine up with no problems at all, some well above the stated rate of inflation.
Although all companies are going through the same thing there are some great excuses to up your prices in this trade right now. Extra holidays, fuel increase, insurance increase, utilities increase, the list is endless, take your pick and go for it!

jana08

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:14:10 pm »
HI
if you dont mind me asking what were your prices before the increase and after the increase?

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:33:54 pm »
Im in the same dilema.

I py my domestic cleaning staff above the National Minimum and just increased their rate as from Oct 1st (they were already above the Nat Min - now they are even further above).

I normally increase the rate to clients as from Dec 1st, meaning they pay the new rate early in Jan for the Dec clean.

Dont know whether to hold off until Jan 1st meaninng they pay the new rate early Feb for Jan clean.

Normal increase to client has been 50p per hour, but again thinking doing smaller increase.

cleanimperial

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:05:15 pm »
Hi thanks for you replies. Still in not sure what to do.

Fred

Selectcleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:03 pm »
Just posted on similar subject - Credit crunch, I have noticed that new customers/ prospects in residential and office cleaning seem to be more price sensitive than they were.

I would think that a large price increase at the moment may alienate potential prospects, but then you need to ensure you are getting a sensible Gross Profit Margin, ie: that you still make a sensible profit when you take away the staff cost.

Regards

Cherie

clinton

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:44 pm »
Two large shops closed today here in cheshire so a sign of the times to come maybe.

There are many customers that put deposits on there items and wont be geting there goods.

Am giving my clients a good value for money service and will go just that little extra in these times.

H you dicided about puting prices up yet fred ???

rob fryer

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:01:23 pm »
Yep have to give the custy something for free mostly bedroom carpet cleaned for free or free stain remove in the next 6mnths but that sometimes leads to a full clean when the bit you have done for free is nice and clean and the rests a bit grubby.

clinton

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:40:53 pm »
You  have got it right there rob i always do a bit extra for them and it will pay off.

Have a good hol mate..

garyj

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 11:07:37 pm »
I have had a contract for nearly 8 years now (4 hours a day) and a couple of months ago they phoned and said they had a major leak. I turned up within half an hour with my Ninja and sucked the water up and told the MD there was no charge but could I borrow half a box of toilet rolls for a week to help out another customer. I then forgot about the rolls and had a phone call asking for a rebate....£7 quid  >:(, some people the more you do the more they want, wish I had charged the £75 for the roof leak now. 

cleanimperial

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:10 am »
I might try a price increase on a few contracts to test the water.

Thanks again for your advice.

Fred

garyj

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »
Joe makes the best point and it is one I used and forgot about. Using the increase in National minimum wage and the extra holiday entitlement as an excuse to put up your prices makes it look as if a bulk of the increase is beyond your control.

I never knew you had a domestic cleaning company as well as the carpet cleaning Joe!

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 04:56:15 pm »
GaryJ
It was the domestic & small office cleaning that led me into carpet cleaning.
Been doing the domestic for aobut 18 years now. At one time I had 28 part time staff on the books. Bit tough at the year end.
Too much hassle employing people so do more carpet cleaning (with decent machinery) and now only have 6 partimers on the domestic.  Newest one was about 6 years ago, but one worker has been with me for almost all of the 18 years.