Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doug Holloway

Transit/Ducato/Traffic
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:36:07 pm »
Hi Guys,

Over the past 2 days I've looked at all three of the above.

Traffic very impressive  , lots of extras

Ducato , basic but offered an excellent price

Transit , basic and not such a good price, bloke seemed to think it should sell on cheap parts.

What do you guys think !

Cheers,

Doug

Martin Sambrook

Re: Transit/Ducato/Traffic
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 04:44:34 pm »
Hi Doug,
ive had a transit in the past and found getting parts is easy but ive also had a look at the Traffics and they are a well built van and very popular as well, dont know how much the parts/ servicing costs compared to a transit. I run around in a Citroen Relay at the moment, when i chop that in (next year) im gonna have a serious look at the traffics or maybe a master.

Martin

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 04:53:12 pm »
Don't buy a transit from a ford mechanic they not as well built as the old shape transits mine has had two gear linkages,gearbox,suspension bushes twice and the fuel pump sheared only the fuel pump was not covered under warranty £1200 :o but  managed to get the bill down to £400 after contacting ford as van was just out of warranty and it only had 60000 on the clock.There is also a security flaw with them but the newer models may have had this rectified.The traffic is the same van as the vauxhall & nissan van so check their deals out too.

woodman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:04:23 pm »
but  you get more on the nissan than the vauxhall and traffic in the way of extras.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 05:17:13 pm »
Thanks Guys,

The Traffic deal is electric door/mirrors,AC,heat reflecting screen,cooled glove box, lined ,non slip resin floor,ABS,EBDSteel bulheadetc for about £11,500 plus vat

How does that sound?

Cheers,

Doug

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 05:33:12 pm »
Doug are you buying or leasing give these a try

http://www.xlcrvehiclemanagement.co.uk/

Are there any vans that have sat nav as standard??

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 06:22:53 pm »
Check out this site http://www.pentagon-vauxhall.co.uk/vans_business.html

Best deals I have found on new, and a lot of nearly new deals also.

Example.

2004 Vauxhall Vivaro , 17200 miles, £8795.

I purchased my Vivaro from here in Oct 2002.  Best deal around at the time.

If you want extras you can factory order them.
I had metalic silver paint - £300. 
Bulkhead - £95.
 CD player - £75.
Ply lined - £100.

I got the lot - brand new, for £10000 !

Only wish I had gone for the lWB, for the extra space and carry capacity  >:(

Chris
Staffordshire

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 06:48:46 pm »
Ive got a transit 2001 new model and cant fault it except the turning circle is not the best.  No breakdowns except for a dead battery.

If I was buying new I would look for a gas option.  Cuts fuel bill in half :o

Mark

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 07:44:17 pm »
The older Renault Trafics gave a lot of gearbox trouble. I wonder are the new models any better.

stu_thomson

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 05:07:59 pm »
had my traffic for 18 months from new. one word ...superb!
wish id got the long wheel base though! you always need just that little bit extra space. cheers stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Red_Panda

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 05:52:01 pm »
Hi, I'm on to my second Ducato, sold the first after 5 years with over 100,000 miles, even then it had no rust and in all that time all I had to replace was the starter motor and the windscreen wiper motor (my fault). The price of the new one was incredible, it was so low I was able to get loads of extras (metalic paint, alloys, pasengers air bag, bulk head) and it was still a saving of a few grand from the equivelent Transit. My mate has a new Traffic, it's been off the road for about 3 months with gearbox problems.

My van is kitted out with a Diesel Max, freshwater tank etc. and it still handles better than my car.

Hope this helps.

David Glassey

Scott Martin

New Van
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 08:50:21 pm »
 Hi Guys,

Thinking of a new van to replace Kangoo, any ideas on the best that works for you all and who offers the best deals.

Unsure of terms yet.

Cheers ;D
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

Ken Wainwright

Re: New Van
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 09:24:39 pm »
I use a Citroen Dispatch which is probably the biggest car derived van available before you go into the Transit league. I'm chuffed with mine. Carry's loads more than a Kangoo, 2 side loading doors, double passenger seat and a really smooth ride. It's based on the C8 family of people carriers. Available OTR for about £9k locally.

Safe and happy driving :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Re: New Van
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 09:29:32 pm »
Exactly the type of van (Dispatch, Expert, Scudo) that i will opt for in June when i get new one.
Need 3 seats and could always do with the extra space, plus it will still fit on drive ;)