Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gordon fraser

Starting up new business
« on: March 08, 2009, 10:41:05 am »
Hi i am looking to start up carpet cleaning business.Want to start with domestic before progressing onto commercial.Thinking of Powr-flite Perfect  heat or Hydromist 55/400 any help would be greatly appreciated. 

MAX Carpets

Re: Starting up new business
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:23 pm »
Wait for about 24 months. Times is ard!

gordon fraser

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
Thanks but i love a challenge. Things might be a bit tight but i'm sure the work is  out there.Already got a couple of letting agent ready to go.   Cheers Gordon

MAX Carpets

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:56:58 am »
Be prepared to wait 60 days + for payment.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:22:49 pm »
I do work for 2 letting agents.
One used to give me payment as job finished. As I got to know him I now invoice them and get paid within 14 days.
The other is still new to me so its payment when job done for the time being.
If they want a reliable and quality service then they work to my rules re payment.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:33 pm »
I'm sure I don't have to say this, but don't be put off by negative input (Unless your setting up here in Helston ;D )
I only started up last year and although I'm not making much more than £300 a week at times, it's better than a kick in the teeth.... If you start off now and perhaps work part time for the extra cash, you'll build up a fair customer base. If you can get through a recession you can get through anything.

Just be honest, polite, professional and punctual. Just don't bite off more than you can chew..... If you're not too sure about something, don't take it on! Make sure you are armed with knowledge (through courses), a good machine that isn't going to leave your customers carpets wet for days and plenty of leaflets.

I'll be honest with you, it is hard at the moment but I'm lucky enough to recieve a war pension and my wife earns good money! But if you don't try you'll never know.... Good luck ;)

P.S. My letting agents pay within a week!

gordon fraser

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:50:12 pm »
Hi  back again. Thanks Joe and Colin  its nice to get a bit of positive feed back.Not expecting to make a fortune just an honest buck for a honest days work(just hope i can fill some days). Should be up and running (well walking to start with)soon will keep you posted  Many thanks Gordon

ducky

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 04:09:54 pm »
where is it ur from. if its in a city think u will do ok  ;)
if it cleans we will clean it

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:51:11 am »
Hi Gordon,
I have a Powr-Flite PerfectHeat with a wonderwand and I love it !!
Get great results on all carpets, I would certainly recommend it.
cheers,
Pete
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 08:51:23 am »
Same as pete and remember it looks the business customers are always making comments on how big and impressive it looks(something worth considering when trying to come across as professional).Regards Alan (swindon)

clinton

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 07:49:30 pm »
What machine are you going for mate ???

gordon fraser

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:44:54 pm »
Thought i would go for the powr flite then changed to ninja back to powr flite then good s/hand ninja  give me more money for advertising etc got to make my mind up soon  brain is busted