Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve CM

Freepost through Royal Mail
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:59:22 pm »
i have all my customers send in cheques via the postal system. at the moment they add their own stamp. i want to start using a freepost system but i can't find any info on how i go about setting it up. does anyone know how you go about it and what the cost is? thanks

geefree

Re: Freepost through Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 05:18:45 pm »
Take a look at this site.

www.freepost-envelopes.co.uk

Roger Slater

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:34:14 pm »

This is the same thing Royal Mail offers, but with royal mail you print your own envelopes so your not buying a 1000 at a time.

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:53 pm »

This is the same thing Royal Mail offers, but with royal mail you print your own envelopes so your not buying a 1000 at a time.

thanks gazza

roger, can you find out how to set it up through royal mail? i can't find it anywhere? am i being thick??

ta mate

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:26:49 pm »
I used to have a freepost licence - it was (I think) about £150 to set up, then you paid second class rate for every envelope delivered.

It was OK for a while, but then they made the registration fee an annual thing.  You can buy a lot of second class stamps for £150 - now I just stick stamps on my envelopes.

Another thing - the Post Office was rubbish at record keeping and sometimes overcharged me by up to 30% on the supposed number of envelopes delivered.

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 07:39:57 pm »
I dont no if its just my area but my envelopes are the size of of a cheque folded in half, when they go through the post they never get stamped by the post office.

Chris

Roger Slater

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:42:05 pm »
Steve

If you copy and paste this url into your browser it will give you the tarrifs.

ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/tariff2008/Price_Guide_Business_Mail_Services_08.pdf

Go on the royal mai website and type in there search box "Business reply service"

All info there bud.