Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Lauzon

Re: Window cleaner wage
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 04:52:13 pm »
I'm sure there are plenty of one man band window cleaners on 52k or more in London.  Much higher living costs, and thus prices.  If I could charge 30% more I would be on 52k.  I think London prices would be at least that?

NWH

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 04:53:58 pm »
VAT? what a stupid idea to pay that, and who would actually claim they earn even £52000 a year? let alone the vat threshold. Window cleaning is a cash business. The goverment rip's enough people off and pes the tax payers money up the wall
WC is a cash business! not anymore it`s not i wish it was,what planet are you currently cleaning window`s on.

Joe Lauzon

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »
VAT? what a stupid idea to pay that, and who would actually claim they earn even £52000 a year? let alone the vat threshold. Window cleaning is a cash business. The goverment rip's enough people off and pes the tax payers money up the wall
WC is a cash business! not anymore it`s not i wish it was,what planet are you currently cleaning window`s on.

Totally agree NWH.  Once you start making good money its not a cash business at all.  You will simply have to waste the money, because most things you will want to spend the money on will be traced.  Once you have your house up together, it pointless trying to cheat the system, you will get caught or end up wasting the money.

WCE

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 05:00:13 pm »
granted, residential won't but housing and res associations do.
so you are going to limit your turnover to £66999.
if you are doing your 200 a day, it only takes one good account to take you over the limit, what do you say to your residentials at that point?
btw, i don't do residential.
No If you have a partner ie mrs then what you do is register a business in their name and become work for that. The residential is hers the commercial (your business) Yours. That way you can avoid vat on residential customers!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 05:00:22 pm »
If you earn a very good living from cleaning windows you only need 1 good contract to push you over the VAT limit,that`s all it takes.Try and get the Mrs on board ie get her to start up a cleaning business or all of a sudden she might become a WC overnight,that should keep you under the VAT limit lol.

tompoole

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 07:44:29 am »
yes you can take £200 a day but its exactly that your takings not your wages. take out all your expense and again yes you are taking a good wage if you are one man band but [please remember it you will earn more than the average employed joe, because your doing the lot marketing bookkeeping selling and all the admin. if you employ a cleaner to just clean how much would you pay them about £50/£80 aday? remember why you earn on average 100/250 aday its because you are doing it all just like any other business if you do it all you will earn alot more  the window cleaning bus is only special because every one has windows and is a potential customer

tom

Tim82

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:08 am »

but almost all window cleaners using
reach & wash systems are able to quite comfortably turn
over at least £200 per day.

Quite comfortably! Yeah right! If you call sweating blood comfotable!

Tim82

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 10:33:16 am »
nobody around here earns £200 a day or gets £20 for a 4 bed house,
same here

same HERE!