Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: What is this worth in UK?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2009, 12:43:29 pm »
lol :D

i reckon you are right, and i agree to get it done correctly i will take a lot longer than 4 mins, as i said earlier it would be nearer 10 mins to make sure the jobs a good un 8)

and 10 quid up here for that size of house is probably your max (tight scot 8))

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2009, 12:47:47 pm »
and nats right, anyone can run round that in four mins just doin the glass, but at a good standard?....doubt it.

ps, dont tell anyone this as its sure to start a riot.

"i think i can run round that house and clean all the glass in 2min 45 secs."

wfp or trad.

here it comes

wait

wait

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 04:05:47 pm »
3/4 minutes - it's a load of rubbish - what a cruddy job to do for a customer - if anyone genuinely takes this long then they are doing a shoddy job and should be ashamed of themselves.

Let's do the job on a "scrub and hope" basis - wfp. (No bird's muck or rinsing properly or worrying about dripping from the top windows or frames.)

Pull up in Van start stop watch.
Get out, open doors, lift off/out pole, gather pole hose so you don't trip/get tangled, pick up trip hazard sign.

30 seconds.

Put out trip hazard sign as you go.

(Knock door so you don't see squaddie Tosh washing his socks by day? Let's leave that out)

Roll out main hose and take pole to farthest point (25/30 metres walking and dragging hose) in one easy motion (no snagging on the gate or those little garden lamps or the patio furniture mind!)

1 minute? No let's say 45 seconds if it pulls out and lays perfectly first time. (1 min. 15 running total)

Extend pole on that back upper window (3 panes) by the patio furniture and scrub - say 45 seconds including a sill wipe cuz you're smokin'! On to the next upper - say another 20 (mind those little lamps now.)

Drop Pole down. Gather hose. - 10 seconds

1 minute 15 secs (2 mins 30 secs running total)

Back behind the patio furniture to do the door and window (what about that screen thing on the door and wire at the side of the window? - let's pretend they don't exist)

40 seconds? (Who cares about the drips from above eh?)

Plus 20 for the window along-side

Now up to 3 mins 30 in this perfect world.

Get that hose and pole round the front avoiding all the bits and pieces and gate snagging, extend to the upper front windows.

Another 30 seconds (without pulling that little gate apart.)

Up to 4 minutes and we're flying.

Top three windows - bish bash bosh - 60 seconds the lot. (That one on the right is open so a bit slower even Billy Whizz don't want wet curtains!)

Drop the pole. 5 secs

Up to 5 mins 05.

Now the downstairs left 20 seconds (cuz we're round the front and the neighbours might notice how fast we are) - then the diddy ones at 5 secs each but that one to the right of the door needs more care cuz it's open so say 20 all in.

Oh no we're on 5h 45 and we haven't rolled in the hose, put the stuff away and written out and put a payment slip through. And get back in the van and hit that stop watch. (Say just under a minute if we can write quickly and legibly.)

We're on 6 min 30 already.

Those upper windows are dripping merrily - the top frames haven't been touched - what a satisfied custy we have.

Now I reckon once in a while on a fortnightly or monthly clean you might just get away with that - but at some point you'll need to take that screen off the back door, get bird's muck off, unwrap your hose from the garden ornaments, do the top frames and remove the spider's nests. Occasionally the custy is in and you will then add a bit for payment faffing on top.

I reckon ten minutes is a more realistic time over a couple of hours on stuff in the same street if you're organised.

And after completing the job he realised that he was in such a hurry that he hadn't switched the water on.
Seriously though, maybe it could be done in 5/6 minutes if someone was racing a bit, but I would want to take it slower sometimes to make sure that the job was OK.  Also, why the hell would I want to work at that pace and find I need a break when I can just plod along, keep going, and not feel knackered at the end of the day?

DaveG

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »
tenner  ;D
You can't polish a turd

rednick

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2009, 05:02:48 pm »
8-10 pound

Dean Aspects

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2009, 05:42:24 pm »
£10 on its own
£8 with a run off them
Would take about 10 mins and if you had enough then that would make a good hourly rate and your doing a good job and not ripping customers off
3-4mins  ::)

Llaaww

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2009, 06:02:22 pm »
£7.50 only as a regular and only if its fits well on the round
if it is dirty it is fair game

trevor povey

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:04 am »
These Polish Lads will once again rubbing their hands at figures branded about like above... ;)

cozy

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2009, 10:16:48 am »
These Polish Lads will once again rubbing their hands at figures branded about like above... ;)

Hi Trevor,
Is that still an issue in UK, I heard they all went home as the pound went down and is nearly 1 to 1.

Thanks for all your answers lads. It helped me realise what some of my custies expected to pay.

I have 1 more new area to cover starting next week and it's been a real eyeopener posting on here.

martinsadie

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2009, 02:46:46 pm »

Hi Trevor,
Is that still an issue in UK, I heard they all went home as the pound went down and is nearly 1 to 1.

Thanks for all your answers lads. It helped me realise what some of my custies expected to pay.

I have 1 more new area to cover starting next week and it's been a real eyeopener posting on here.
Cozy problem with this thread is a year ago your 25 euro was £10 here now its £15 so if you were sending money over here your prices have got 50% better  ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2009, 02:54:06 pm »
£10.00

cozy

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
No Stan, it's changed alot since then. If they earned a quid at the start of 2008 it was worth approx 1.5 quid back in Poland, now it's worth only approx 1.05 quid. Not worth them staying.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
Where abouts are you in Germany?

I was in Hameln for a time or as people know it better for.... The Pied Piper of Hamlin.

cozy

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 03:37:53 pm »
Herford mate, about 40 mins away, opening up a round there in June cuz it's still got RE's in it, Nice part of the country. We do Detmold Paderborn Herford and Bünde. Beer is still 6 quid for 10 litres and is 4.9% so I ain't coming back to UK ;D