Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

DI Vessel
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:44:19 am »
Im about to change the resin in my vessel just wonderd if  you clean the vessel out with pure water before putting the new stuff in?

dave
Dave.

Re: DI Vessel
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:49:02 am »
YUP.

Good idea. Just give it a good swill around and empty it. You would be surprised how much spent resin sticks to the inside of the vessel.

Andrew

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:30 am »
Thanks andrew.

Its the first time i have done it so just wondering my 11lt vessel has lasted 7 months  ;D

lol i dont use much water
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 03:55:10 pm »
I have just changed the resin but its not bringing the water down to 0 so i stoped it shook it and it went to 0 then shot back up to 5/6 ppm and staying like that.

i put 5 litres in an 11lt vessel.

anyone no why its doing that
Dave.

darragh windows

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »
I have just changed the resin but its not bringing the water down to 0 so i stoped it shook it and it went to 0 then shot back up to 5/6 ppm and staying like that.

i put 5 litres in an 11lt vessel.

anyone no why its doing that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think the water comes out through the bottem of the white thingy and then in again through the top five litres may not be enough to cover the bottem there for most of or all your water would be missing your resin
jamie

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:34:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, it gets sucked up through the white pipe

Make absolutely sure that the outlet on your DI is the outlet to your system, it should say in and out on the screw head.

5l is a bit low, make sure you fill it 3/4's, shaking the vessel while filling it, and stomping the bottom on the floor a couple of times, so the resin settles nicely.

macmac

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:52:48 am »
As said, fill it 3/4, 5ltrs is not enough. some DI's can work with the flow in either direction & some can't, some have the flow direction marked on the top & some don't. Fill it up & try it, if it don't work then reverse the flow direction. ;)

Tony

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:56 pm »
Yer it had in & out on the tops it was set up correctly.

i packed it down a little managed to stay down to 0 for a little il order more resin and fill it to 3/4

Thanks Dave
Dave.