Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kcc

HELP ! Vehicle wanted !
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:29:59 am »
Anybody in Reading/Newbury/Basingstoke area that has a van/estate I can beg borrow steal ( joke ) or buy for a month while my estate gets repaired after crash first thing monday morning. Lady in Discovery pulled away from junction then stopped half way out, no chance to stop. Only a scratch on her towbar ! My car smashed up, so insurance co offer free corsa for me to use, yeah right thats going to work. Really appreciated  Keith

Re: HELP ! Vehicle wanted !
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:24:29 pm »
I had same problem last year.Van off road for a week because of water system back door job.Iinsurance have a hefty claim to pay out.

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:28:19 pm »
hire a van

you should be able to get a van for a month for around 600 quid (i kno wits not much of a solution, BUT will get you on the road and keep your round happy)

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 01:14:16 pm »
Talk to your Insurance company. Tell them that you can't work with a corsa and explain why. They might be able to help. Two years ago my car was off the road after a guy drove into it and the Insurance said I couldn't put roof bars on the courtesy car. I could use the car for business as I had business insurance but no roof bars. Hmmmm that makes sense. They knew I was a window cleaner when I took the policy.

Well I said I couldn't work without ladders and thier legal people claimed for lost earnings from the other side, who wierdly were the same insurance company!!! I got £500, and still used the Corsa for personal stuff as well.   :) Not bad hey, Paid holidays. ;D

If the accident was your fault though this all might not apply. Hope it helps.

Colin
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

kcc

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:38:31 pm »
Thanx guys have found cheap estate that should
last month or two !
cheers keith
must drive a bit more careful watch out for women drivers
sorry only sic joke  :P