Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Fantastic Views!
« on: January 24, 2005, 08:05:52 pm »
It was cold but it was sunny this morning and I was up a ladder cleaning a farmhouse today.

I could see the towers of the old Severn bridge looming nearby, the new Severn bridge about 3 miles way across a high tide in the Severn/Bristol channel and in the distance the snow-dusted hills and mountains of the Wye Valley and South Wales.

What views do you get to enjoy where you are? (Keep it clean boys!)
It's a game of three halves!

Duke

Re: Fantastic Views!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:10:51 pm »
The river's Avon and Severn, coming together around the historic Town of Tewkesbury....with the Abbey as an ever present backdrop....

louisthe3rd

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 08:13:15 pm »
i like it when the fog is just lifting and i see the colour of money clearly

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:34:34 pm »
on some jobs I get a great view of the Solent (that big  stretch of water between southampton and the I.O.W)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:36:05 pm »
We work along the cliff's along the South Coast between Brighton and Newhaven. Our drive to the first job is often along the Coast Road in between where there are the shoreline cliffs and the South Downs.

I have worked in factories where etc etc.

On occasions we have to drive over the South Downs via Ditchling Beacon (which is a local beauty spot) and the views over Sussex from the top is stunning.

I often think to myself that I am so lucky doing a job in such beautifull surroundings.

Last Thursday we did a large country house in Ditchling that was surrounded by the most incredible countryside. After doing that we drove to a local high spot (which is on the way home) called Devils d**e) and sat in the van and ate our food looking at some of the best views in Sussex.

I'm lucky  - yeah?

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 11:39:26 pm »
For some reason the forum won't allow me to say where we were - it's on every map but the word has been blanked out with stars. The place was Devils D y k e.

;D I beat the system. Devils D y k e has the most unbelievable views. If you're never near Brighton  - give it a visit.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
If you're never near Brighton  - give it a visit.

:o

I'm NEVER near Brighton but I can't see it ....!!

Hehe
Steve

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 12:42:59 am »
Oops

If you're never near Brighton then maybe that's why you won't see it........

Funny how the obvoius spilling errors sometimes get missed......

Walter Pole

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 03:08:37 am »
I work in the South East of Devon....clean a few houses on the seafront at Budleigh Salterton, now that is nice on a clear winters morning.  I am in Houson, Texas at moment 25 degrees and 10% humidity...wish it was like that in Devon at the end of January! lol
Mark
taking panes to exceed expectations

PowerClene

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 02:47:32 pm »
It's not just the views though, is it? What about the sounds too - or lack of them?

Nothing beats a beautiful and peaceful day when all you can hear is the sound of the birds singing in the garden. Add the view and the sounds to the fact that you're feeling absolutely no stress. Life's pretty good, isn't it?

Regards,

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 12:22:56 am »
PowerClene

I agree totally.

I worked in factories in dismal London for years and years and all I ever saw or heard was pain to the consciousness. I was bought up there too. After factory work, I worked on the Railways. What a nightmare job that was. Inner city hell.

I live in Brighton now and the two I work with were bought up here. They think it nothing odd with regards the scenery or the surroundings.

But the sounds - I'd forgotten about that. Yup, stress free noises. Toady we were working near a place called Roedean. All I could hear was the sea. No traffic or anything else and I said about it to the other two and they were sort of baffled with a sort of 'yeah well... we are right by the cliffs aren't we........'.

We earnt good money in great surroundings. What a way to work.

Cheers

Ross

Ste_Kinsella

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 06:06:27 pm »
just got a big house in a beautiful estate in Liverpool called Cressington Park overlooking the River Mersey. I clambered onto the top of an enormous bay window and immediately regretted not extending the ladder 3 rungs above the roof of bay, I grasped firmly onto the underside of upper sash as a huge gust started having fun with me - made a quick recalculation of my charge to the owner- i had a quick glance around to make sure noone was watching my quivering self and I seen the North Wales mountains glimmering in the late afternoon haze. Almost heavenly I thought, which immediately made me think of what song I would like playing at my leaving for ever bash !!
As the inside of sashes were firmly screwed in place ( to deter Spiderman I think!! ) I realised that as lovely as the view was, I had to clean the glass and get down onto that sweet merseyside grass. I love it you know but it is really not natural to like heights I`m sure !!