Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rah

Numpty Question of the Week
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:57:17 pm »
  ::), Hi Guy's

I've made the switch to the mini-bore hose and associated fittings, but I'm not sure how to fit the EZ Ball to the hose. Told you it was a numpty Q. Is it sliced and fitted around the hose.

Also, do any of you know if it's possible to get approx 150 m of mini bore on a standard hose reel.

Cheers

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Captain Scarlet

Re: Numpty Question of the Week
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:31 pm »
just drill a hole in it or make a hole with a pen etc. I think it might be best to have put the ball around the hose before fitting the fittings, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:03:03 pm »
  ::), Hi Guy's

I've made the switch to the mini-bore hose and associated fittings, but I'm not sure how to fit the EZ Ball to the hose. Told you it was a numpty Q. Is it sliced and fitted around the hose.

Also, do any of you know if it's possible to get approx 150 m of mini bore on a standard hose reel.

Cheers

Rob.

Generally the Protecta-Ball is fitted to the pole hose end as shown below:

However it is becoming increasingly popular to fit a Protecta-Ball to the minibore/Microbore side as well, in fact this is what I do on my hoses. To do this you need to slide the ball (using the hole through it) onto the end of the hose reel before fitting the end-stop fitting and the 'O' clip/Jubilee clip. As it is Minibore it will be quite a tight fit, but it should still push over the hose.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »
 Numpty question #2...........What is the function of it? Is it to prevent  the connector from rubbing against the hard concrete and prolong the life of it or is there another function?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

LSB

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:51:34 pm »
as a trad w/c , its questions like this ( etc ) that i have absolutely no idea whats going on !
therefore i have no idea whether its a numpty question or not !

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 03:56:19 pm »
Keep an open mind Lloyd and start researching your future.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 03:59:35 pm »
C'mon, dont be shy..........Whats the answer, What is it for?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:04:14 pm »
When you drag hoses with plastic connectors on the ends round on the floor they can  crack and split and need replacing, the tennis/protector ball helps absorb the stress and saves constant replacing. The brass ones are not much better and more expensive.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 04:24:23 pm »
cheers mate, thats what I thought! Will buy some 'tennis'/protector balls tomorrow and give it a shot  ;)

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 06:35:34 pm »
Disagree.

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 06:39:36 pm »
I got mine from gardiners and im sure they had the hole in already.

I have mine pushed on the minibore it is tight but does go on.
But i cant come back off due the the O clip stops it

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 09:19:52 pm »
The ball is there to protect the metal fitting. The metel is so soft and the fitting tolerances so fine that even just reeling it in and dragging along the floor a couple of times can damage it to the point of it not connecting properly. with mine i was forever filing off damaged bits to get it to fit again that i went back to normal 1/2" hose and fittings. Syd 8)