Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Has anybody broke any bones or been seriously injured from a fall at work?

Yes, but never again!!!
No, I wouldnt be that stupid!!
Not yet thank god!!!
Whats the point in this post?
Im not voting!

Gordon_Taylor

Re: Have you ever been injured from a fall?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 10:40:51 pm »
i broke my spine when i got knocked off a ladder by a mobile crane when i was a roofing contractor , spent 6 months in hospital and they had too resuscitate me twice in icu , so ladders no way , only for getting over gates , to be honest any one who uses a ladder and not wfp is an absolute idiot . regards alan

Sorry to hear about your accident

I still use ladders alot and I would not call my self an idiot at the end of the day if used correctly than ladders are safe, alot of the accidents that happen are due to people rushing or over reaching.

What I'd like to know is how you did not see a mobile crane coming.

Gordon.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 08:00:25 pm »
ladders are a nightmare , but you,ll only see the sense once its too late , wake up fool

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 08:21:05 pm »
I've never had a serious mishap with ladders but have had a few near misses - two of which would have been pretty nasty if I hadn't got lucky.
I had a mishap today with a step ladder and hurt myself - not badly though.  i was leaning over a gate to unbolt it and the step ladder twisted round as I shifted my weight.  It led to me grazing my arm down the gate.  It'll be pretty sore for a few days I imagine but no permanent harm done.

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 08:26:02 pm »
Got lucky yesterday had bucket in one hand tools in other 4 floors up and some idiot had not put scaf boards in the right place, stepped on one went down about 2 foot and moved offby chance, was lucky as there was direct drop to ground floor 3 floors below.
had a word with site manager about it.

Ian

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 09:01:24 pm »
ladders are a nightmare , but you,ll only see the sense once its too late , wake up fool

So I'm a fool as well as an idiot, what makes me laugh is when people like you dictate to anyone that use's ladders when you had an accident to do with ladders and it was not even the ladder's fault,

if you don't want to use ladders then that's fine but to brand people that still use ladders absolute idiot's and fools then I think that makes you abit of tit.

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 11:50:13 pm »
hear hear! I had an accident a while back but we all learn by our mistakes! if we don't learn then its our own fault not the ladders!
Its blatently obvious, a ladder can be dangerous if not used properly......so use it properly! ::)
when I'm cleaning windows

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:54 am »
ladders lol

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 08:31:56 am »
 ::)
when I'm cleaning windows

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 09:14:53 am »
Never been injured but had to jump off some last week.  This oldish custy, likes to chat to me for ages and ages.  I have told him wait to I get off the ladders but he still talks.  Anyway I felt myself slipping and I jumped to the grass and did a shoulder roll out.

Most of my houses are terraced with very poor access so I think it is impossible to go WFP with these.  Any ideas?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 08:32:48 pm »
Never been injured but had to jump off some last week.  This oldish custy, likes to chat to me for ages and ages.  I have told him wait to I get off the ladders but he still talks.  Anyway I felt myself slipping and I jumped to the grass and did a shoulder roll out.

Most of my houses are terraced with very poor access so I think it is impossible to go WFP with these.  Any ideas?

Pure freedom trolley system ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk