Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Curtis

Strange reel behaviour
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:40:42 am »
Hi first post guys and I have a strange event happeing with my reel.   The water flow only flows when the reel is in a certain position - imagine the handle is at 3 o'clock, then the water won't come out (you can hear the controller stopping and starting as if there's a blockage somewhere, so that if you pay out a bit more hose so that the handle is at 9 o'clock the water comes out ok.

i have unwound all the hose and checked for kinks but there is none, and wound it all back on carefully to. I am at my wits end about this any ideas please guys? Thanks.

Ian

ps, the reel is one of those metal ones that are red with silver coloured paint on the frame.

Captain Scarlet

Re: Strange reel behaviour
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:56:21 am »
I think I might know whats wrong. In the centre of your hose reel there is an elbow where the hose connects to the reel. If this is going the wrong way or running the wrong around the hose reel then when all the hose weighs down on it at a certain angle it could be crushing the hose at that point.

The solution is to unreel the entire hose and have the hose running the opposite way from the elbow, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Ian Curtis

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:13:56 pm »
Hmm, I also thought it might have been that, but it's fine. In fact when i rewound the hose from the start I made sure the first foot or so was slack, not at all pinching on that elbow area.

puzzling.

cbcs

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:45:57 pm »
The elbow joint only works if its in the right position as its not hollow all way round. twist the elbow joint 1/4 turn and see if that helps.

Ian Curtis

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:38 pm »
What do you mean not hollow? How does any water get through then. Sorry if i'm missing something here.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:52:12 pm »
I HAD SOME THING LIKE THIS HAPPEN _ CHANGE THE HOZELOCK ON THE REEL SHOULD DO THE TRICK>
Sorry just saw it was caps lock

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:59:45 pm »
I think I might know whats wrong. In the centre of your hose reel there is an elbow where the hose connects to the reel. If this is going the wrong way or running the wrong around the hose reel then when all the hose weighs down on it at a certain angle it could be crushing the hose at that point.

The solution is to unreel the entire hose and have the hose running the opposite way from the elbow, Luke
That`s what i thought was the problem,unwind the hose fully and check it`s not kinked on the elbow fitting.