Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr klean

help ?????????
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:22:20 pm »
Hi all
I am in Domestic cleaning and Its been a slow start to the year in good ole oxfordshire, have had a few customers leaving on the domestic side due to not being able to afford a cleaner at the mo.

They will be back thou. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The oxford area seems to be getting swamped with people offering really cheap services, the foriegn workers are now offering silly prices like £6 per hour, the problem is people take them on, mind you eventually they find out that you get what you pay for ! 

How do i get into the commercial market, i have tried sending letters/flyers out to companys but have never got a reply yet ? i recently mailed 2 industrial parks locally but not a phone call. I have a also sent out flyers to local letting agents but with no joy yet.

Has anyone got any idea of what i can do

dave
www.mr-klean.com   

Dave

heritagecleaning

Re: help ?????????
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:29:29 pm »
I would invest some time and money in a better website. Yours is not good at all. Once this is done you could try using google adwords. Also, direct mail, door knocking, bulk e-mailing, advertising, asking for referrals. Be a bit more imaginaive.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:59:13 pm »
Sorry to also diss the website, but I have to agree with the above comments.

Cracking the commercial is a tough cookie, and the vast majority of letters and flyers will just end up in the recycle bin.

The best way of making new contacts is to make a nuisance of yourself (in the nicest possible way off course) and that is to cold sell.  I have found that the best way of doing this is calling the company, and asking them how I can go about getting my company on there approved traders list.

Many will blank you straight away, but in some cases I have been advised to write and give copies of insurances to ......  This is a good start as you now have a name of a specific person within the organisation that deals with the likes of you.

Only last month I managed to secure 3 new contracts by this method.  The only thing you must remember is not to get dejected, I have spent many a morning making numerous calls and obtained naff all.  You must have a big chin, and be prepared to take the knocks.  The problem is that a huge percentage of people do not like doing this, me included, but it was either that or my buisness folded.

Best of luck, and I hope this help a bit.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

rob fryer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:42 pm »
I agree it is dificult but if you keep bangin on you should get some work. Sell yourself on quality and learn your patter so when you have to talk you come across as compertant
this will help ,I have just got a new contract with a company which turns over 1.5 billion a year i never thought i would get it but i did my home work on who i would have to speak to and just got on the phone ,i wish all deals were that easy.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:11:43 am »
I agree Rob, confidence is the key to success, even if you dont have the quality.  I know many people who get by in life just because they can talk the talk.  Personally, thats not for me, but you get my meaning.

Cold call can being in the right place at the right time, I called a company a couple of months ago, and was told that there cleaner had just left - when could I start....!! as simple as that.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

mr klean

Re: help ????????? New
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:37:39 am »
Hi EVERYONE

Many thanks for the honest feedback, I have  taken it on board and will get the website updated and looking better,

I must confess to  to being a bit nervous about cold calling but will give it a try, as i dont want to fold the business, i know its a confidence thing and am sure that after a few calls i will be fine.

I have recently picked up work by advertising on Gumtree, and now have got in with Bellway Homes cleaning their show homes and ofices.

It would be good to get in with letting agents next