Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shirl

Hi guys

Following on from the good advice I have been given on here, can anyone tell me how much approx I will be looking at for a chemical injection steam cleaner with tools?  I've gone through the sales/wanted forum but theres nothing come up to give me a guide to prices.

My budget doesn't stretch to new I'm afraid.  It has to work on a domestic electric supply.  The models I've looked at so far are the Duplex jet vac and various Osprey models with chemical injection.

Secondly if anyone has one for sale and fancies emailing me with details, that would be great!  :)

Cheers guys
Shirl

Paul Kettless

Re: How much can I expect to pay for a 2nd user steam cleaner?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:04:34 pm »
The problem you will find is that not many are available in the second hand market, and the ones that are will be industrial and still silly money.

I have hired a duplex to degrease a couple of pub kitchens and to be honest I was not happy with it.  The steam misted up the job and you could not see what you were doing half the time.

We ended up doing the job by good old fashioned elbow grease in the end, with much better results.  You have to remember that the guys flogging these machines use very clever marketing strategies, and make them out to be something they are not most of the time.
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Shirl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:19:41 pm »
Thanks Paul.

I was hoping you were going to say you did the pub kitchens and were amazed.  I have to say my Polti is a godsend on my tiled floors and kitchen.  I have big show dogs and the steam is the best thing for keeping the fur under control.  The cloths are truly minging with the fur that gets stuck to them and I don't go far before they need changing.  Thats why I'm thinking a vac steamer would be helpful.

I was hoping that there would be pro's out there who have maybe upgraded and the 2nd user market would be flooded!  ;D

I think I'll go and ask on the for sale/wanted section.   Test the water or should that be steam....

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:37:46 pm »
I use a squeegy tool on flat surfaces which is good. I paid £900 for mine but it has'nt paid for itself alone but it opens doors. Whats your budget ? e mail me if you rather do so

Shirl

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:58:51 pm »
As its not a business, I've not set myself a rigid budget.  However that means the only way mine will pay for itself is by what I save on Stardrops!  I can't stretch to £900 for home use.  Email on its way :)

Shirl

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 06:16:56 pm »
Oh yeah i've actually turned my email function on now..... cuckoo!  ;D :P