Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeremy

Mobile Factory for Upholstery
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:44:20 pm »
Here's a thing.

I often get called to do office furniture. Sometimes up to 700 chairs. Usually I use 4 portable machines to do the job but have often wondered whether I can modify my TM to power 5 upholstery tools.

I own a Dual wand Prochem Everest EFI which can power 2 lines at 100meters for carpet cleaning wands.

In most cases I clean furniture in the receiving bays of offices, usually no more than 15 meters from the machine.

I am sure that the suction power is there, but could I split the pressure lines acros more than 2 upholstery tools and still be effective. My portables are currently only 60psi machines. Would the pressure be very inconsistent?

Regards
Jeremy

Mike Halliday

Re: Mobile Factory for Upholstery
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:33 pm »
if you think a 4 jet wand uses 4 jets ( obviously ::) ) so your machine is capable  of supplying the correct amount of solution to use 4 handtools. but its supplying them all at the same pressure which will be a problem.

if they are all keyed at same time, no  problem, but if you use them all intermittently the pressure will spike uncontrollably

don't think it will work without some serious addition of hardware  ( each one will need a separate uploader)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john rees

Re: Mobile Factory for Upholstery
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:59:49 pm »
Hi Jeremy,
                I suppose in theory you could use drimaster tools as there would be a constant flow with no spikes in pressure, all well and good if you already have them but a bit expensive if you have to buy 5. and I bet 5 of them at once would drink some water!

All the best
                                         John
john