Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: conservatory cleans
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2008, 10:28:53 pm »
Moaning? i'm just questioning some of your business theories your so intent on pushing on this forum. It just gets under my skin a little because i don't happen to agree with all of them. Why can't i be allowed to voice my opinions too?
Part of what makes this forum interesting and humorous is when people post of having a bad day, making mistakes getting things wrong we all do it. What makes it less interesting are when people brag of their high earnings, perfect work and think they know it all. :D

Davo

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »
Because its not glamourous, its safer and more accessible than it used to be, the rates arent bad, and theres a great deal of plastic out there that needs cleaning.

Mr Sol is quite right when he says Im trapped in a good job, i couldnt afford to go on the tools, I wont tell you my income cos that doesnt matter all I will say is that it costs me over £3,000 a month to stay level.

Mark

Davo

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:39 pm »
Moaning? i'm just questioning some of your business theories your so intent on pushing on this forum. It just gets under my skin a little because i don't happen to agree with all of them. Why can't i be allowed to voice my opinions too?

You wont agree with any of them, you think profit is a dirty word. You said it yourself, you need to be ruthless and uncaring. I dont think you know how far from the truth that statement is.

Also you question the advice I give, tell me its nonsense then admit your doing no good, well the way your working at the moment isnt breaking any pots is it.

Mark

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2008, 10:50:07 pm »
"TRAPPED IN  A GOOD JOB" oh for christs sake,my heart bleeds for you mate,really it does ::) if you dont like your job then pack it in,as for "needing" 3k a month,do you need it or is that just what you want,most people can trim a good percentage off their outgoings if they make a few sacrifices.

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2008, 10:54:41 pm »
The way i'm working is probably how most on here work judging py the posts i read and the fellow cleaners i talk to. I said i didn't agree with some of your ideas and explained my side of things, who are you to decide how i am doing? I can only think you are some kind of salesman anorak or failure in your field to want to spend your time on a wndowcleaners forum.

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2008, 11:02:10 pm »
Right, off to bed, going to dream of consevatory cleans - night all. :-* :-*

Dale Smith

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2008, 12:21:39 am »
Wow this thread is going on & on......  ;)
LJ your right Mick did tell me to price with confidence on this thread  :-[, but to be fair Davo told me the same in the Fascia/Soffit thread from a few days ago. My fault I got them mixed up.  :-\
With Davo/Mark I pick out what I need, which is were I think he is coming from. I really don't care what he does, but if I can use it (which surely is the point of the forum) then I will consider it then put it into practice.
Pick out what is applicable to our business...... to be fair I have already benefitted pricewise with some of the stuff he & Mick said.  ;D
I would not be surprised if Mark also posts on other trade's forums... do you Mark?
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Davo

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2008, 07:07:01 am »
"TRAPPED IN  A GOOD JOB" oh for christs sake,my heart bleeds for you mate,really it does ::) if you dont like your job then pack it in,as for "needing" 3k a month,do you need it or is that just what you want,most people can trim a good percentage off their outgoings if they make a few sacrifices.

Not looking for sympathy, i need over £3,000 per month to pay my bills. I enjoy what I do but a great deal of pressure to perform every week.
The way i'm working is probably how most on here work judging py the posts i read and the fellow cleaners i talk to. I said i didn't agree with some of your ideas and explained my side of things, who are you to decide how i am doing? I can only think you are some kind of salesman anorak or failure in your field to want to spend your time on a wndowcleaners forum.

I havent decided how your doing, by your own addmission your struggling. Your reasoning for dissagreeing doesnt make sense, eg".... so I should double my price and halve my call frequency" "....I dont want to charge £500 for 2 hours work" who has told you to do that? The £500 cleaning rate was primarily designed to illustrate that you can charge a customer £100 + for a clean without ripping them off.
You have a basic flaw in  your ability to read what is actually being said, as for being an anorak, ill buy one on monday.

Dale I dont post on any other trade forums.

Now to try and put an end to this thread if any established and successful window cleaners think im talking nonsense on what ive posted please post and I shall shut up ( providing you can justify why Im wrong with  valid reasoning)

Mark

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2008, 07:48:43 am »
To me it's like my dad analogy. To say I'm a bad dad, hopeless at it, i don't provide money care or support. I haven't got time for my son, but I'm still as good as most dads on the dads forum.
Then this is used as justification...
Because I'm a bad dad and have admitted it ,it's okay for me to go on being one, and besides all the people giving me Dad advice like Mr Sol and Davo are crap dads too.

Advice is advice. Should I tell Ryan air to put their prices up because they'd make more money? Dominoes to move to cheaper out of the way premise's to save money?Would they listen? Would it make me a bad person?

If Richard Branson's Virgin moved into window cleaning they would get a team of experts in the field who know the industry such as Ian Lancaster, Trevor Knight, and Dave St Ives (as an example), get someone else to provide the bulk of the large investment needed and only provide a small amount themselves while retaining overall control.

If RB wen't skint and had to knock a round up from scratch he would do all the obvious things, but then he would set about adding value. He would do this by going hot, electric reel, and superior impactfull marketing.(A bit like me actually ;D)

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:14 am »
Blimey, Sol are you on drugs? hallucinating? chill out man, it's another day today start another post or something. ;D

NWH

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2008, 11:23:26 am »
To me it's like my dad analogy. To say I'm a bad dad, hopeless at it, i don't provide money care or support. I haven't got time for my son, but I'm still as good as most dads on the dads forum.
Then this is used as justification...
Because I'm a bad dad and have admitted it ,it's okay for me to go on being one, and besides all the people giving me Dad advice like Mr Sol and Davo are crap dads too.

Advice is advice. Should I tell Ryan air to put their prices up because they'd make more money? Dominoes to move to cheaper out of the way premise's to save money?Would they listen? Would it make me a bad person?

If Richard Branson's Virgin moved into window cleaning they would get a team of experts in the field who know the industry such as Ian Lancaster, Trevor Knight, and Dave St Ives (as an example), get someone else to provide the bulk of the large investment needed and only provide a small amount themselves while retaining overall control.

If RB wen't skint and had to knock a round up from scratch he would do all the obvious things, but then he would set about adding value. He would do this by going hot, electric reel, and superior impactfull marketing.(A bit like me actually ;D)
Good post that,lots of things to think about.