Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

well my day was short
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:41:25 pm »
today i had a absoutly stonking headache and it hurt all morning, met up with a chap i work with, and my employee all went for dinner, i said to my employee again about my head, he said here take some of these, so took 2, on a empty belly. had something to eat and was sat there, then suddenly felt all out of it, all giddy and dizzy, and not right.

id had some beastly cocodamol tabs, my mate took me to the doctors and i was shaking and really short of breathe, could hardly speak was proper horrible, lasted for about a hour, then i came round

bar the slight side effects my head feels great now  ;D

tip of the day, dont take other peoples tablets

Dean Aspects

Re: well my day was short
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:01 pm »
Bad trip man!!! ;D

Dean

Sanity

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:52:34 pm »
co-codamol = codine (and paracetamol)

Codine = a morphine derivative.

Shaking + shortness of breath indicates an alergy / sensitivity to codine.

Glad it got rid of your headache though :)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:00:10 pm »
I am suppose to take 8 of them a day along with everything else. Some people do react to them badly. They make me very tired all the time. Helps to minmise the pain though.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:04:36 pm »
You should try some Methortrexate, very good for dieting. They make you sicker than a dog. Guaranteed to lose a few stone (vomitting) in a few minutes, lol

bernlyn

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:16:05 pm »
is that not the same thing that happened to bruce lee but his side effect was that he died

moral of the story dont take other peoples tablets. really feel sorry for you as i know only know to well about bad headaches but you have to be careful.

hope all is well with you now
if i dont succeed i will try again and again

hants_rob

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:46:52 pm »
I had these after i smashed my shoulder in playing rugby

spent two weeks asleep on the sofa! knocked me for 6 :o

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 08:03:18 pm »
is that not the same thing that happened to bruce lee but his side effect was that he died

moral of the story dont take other peoples tablets. really feel sorry for you as i know only know to well about bad headaches but you have to be careful.

hope all is well with you now

AFAIK, Bruce Lee used to have a party trick of letting the biggest guy in the bar punch him in the stomach.  The last time, the guy hit Bruce before he was ready.  Bruce took some asprin for the pain later in the evening and this thinned his blood.  The punch had ruptured his spleen and he bled to death internally.

At least thats one theory. 

cat9921

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 08:03:34 pm »
Are you sure it was not the diners cup of tea  ;D

LWC

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 10:12:36 pm »
I had these after i smashed my shoulder in playing rugby

spent two weeks asleep on the sofa! knocked me for 6 :o

woo, how many did you take?

craig b

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 10:39:42 pm »
 ladderless did you have a hang over ?

you have the same symptons as my self  headache, dizziness,feeling sick. but its no hang over or tablets ( i was at docs on friday)

its a  migaine related to  vertigo caused by water fed pole.
tilting my head back  and looking up all day is cutting the blood flow to my brain and is giving me these wee turns . its not just when iam working its any time.

any one else taking dizzi spells?

wfp is not all good

LWC

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 11:29:39 pm »
no i dunna drink fella

but now that you mention this, if im looking up for too long with wfp, i do get a bit dizzy...but this wasnt related today obviously

but like i say now that you mention it...theres a few places where i do a loud of ups and it makes me go a bit queazy

chrismroberts

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 12:03:00 am »
no i dunna drink fella

but now that you mention this, if im looking up for too long with wfp, i do get a bit dizzy...but this wasnt related today obviously

but like i say now that you mention it...theres a few places where i do a loud of ups and it makes me go a bit queazy

I was getting this a while back, would be doing tops with the pole and would suddenly feel really light headed. Problem went away when I got a longer pole, wasnt intentional, but I started standing further away from the wall (where possible) so the pole wasnt at such a steep angle and this cured the light headedness too. May have been a coincidence but it might be linked.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 12:24:17 am »
[

AFAIK, Bruce Lee used to have a party trick of letting the biggest guy in the bar punch him in the stomach.  The last time, the guy hit Bruce before he was ready.  Bruce took some asprin for the pain later in the evening and this thinned his blood.  The punch had ruptured his spleen and he bled to death internally.

At least thats one theory. 
I think that was Houdini
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland