Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Re: tds 0.06?
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 07:32:15 pm »
dont no why its such a low output then... :-\  even if the tap pressure isn great thats what the booster pump is for? but the pressure around here is sposed to good because the plummer who put our boiler in said it has to be good pressure to use it!  and he only lives 5 mins away so.. god knows
Dave.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 07:42:48 pm »
am quite disapointed with mine if i was honest. without a booster pump its produces 12lit per hore ::) with booster pump am getting around 27 or 30lit per hour.

people on here with the same booster pump get more than me with 450GPD ro's of around 500 liters over 8 hours  :-\ were i would get 240 lol.

ive a 200gpd from purefreedom had it about 3months, iam a bit disapointed with mine as well,i dont have a booster pump and i struggle to get 200litres a day!!! plus i have to change resin in di every week!! tds from the tap is 357. i was told a bag of resin would last me 8 months. i dont think so !!! >:(
if you want to use less resin try this
always disconnect ro from di when backflushing and then leave disconnected for min 20ltrs afterwards,get tds out of ro well down before running thru di
someone will say this dont work but.......instead of changing all the resin i find that scooping out the blackened stuff,topping up and giving it a good shake can be a quick fix for small changes in tds,but i will regularly use water at upto 003 or 004

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:45 pm »
dont no why its such a low output then... :-\ even if the tap pressure isn great thats what the booster pump is for? but the pressure around here is sposed to good because the plummer who put our boiler in said it has to be good pressure to use it! and he only lives 5 mins away so.. god knows
i dont want you to think i am being patronising but is flush valve in right position ???i did it before ::)....just cant think of any thing else,i use cleantechs cheap filters,and just change em when tds out of ro goes over 12 or so

dave0123

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »
i dont want you to think i am being patronising but is flush valve in right position ???i did it before ....just cant think of any thing else,i use cleantechs cheap filters,and just change em when tds out of ro goes over 12 or so

yer its in the right posistion if it was being flushed then no water would come out of the pure! well only little drops tds is 24 out of RO with booster pump running.

when you have your ro running without pump what noise should it make? does anyone with a purefreedom RO make some sort of a hiss noise?

dave
Dave.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 07:54:45 pm »
if you want to use less resin try this
always disconnect ro from di when backflushing and then leave disconnected for min 20ltrs afterwards,get tds out of ro well down before running thru di
someone will say this dont work but.......instead of changing all the resin i find that scooping out the blackened stuff,topping up and giving it a good shake can be a quick fix for small changes in tds,but i will regularly use water at upto 003 or 004

Any RO system which has been turned off and then back on again will give higher than normal readings, it's called TDS creep and is unavoidable.  L.J's advice on disconnecting the DI after flushing saves resin life every time the water is turned on to the RO.  It just depends if you can put up with the hassle.

Peter

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 08:07:26 pm »
i can put up with hassle ;D ;D only takes about a minute to swap pipes then leave it running for about 5 mins back flush,30 mins waste.Doing this has drastically reduced my resin usage compared to when i first started